What's new

iPhone email help..

Ericskooky

Reaction score
My iPhone email used to work just fine.. I could access inbox/sent, notes, saved mail, spam, etc with no issues. Today I noticed that the only folders that I can access are the inbox and sent. No matter what settings I change, even deleted the account and readded it, the other folders are simply empty. To make matters more annoying, in trying to change/add smtp/imap addresses, I now have a bunch of new folders in the list that can not be deleted, nor are they seen or removable when I check email from a PC.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ericskooky said:
My iPhone email used to work just fine.. I could access inbox/sent, notes, saved mail, spam, etc with no issues. Today I noticed that the only folders that I can access are the inbox and sent. No matter what settings I change, even deleted the account and readded it, the other folders are simply empty. To make matters more annoying, in trying to change/add smtp/imap addresses, I now have a bunch of new folders in the list that can not be deleted, nor are they seen or removable when I check email from a PC.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work you'll more than likely have to do a factory restore, or take it by the apple store. That's about all you really can do. :(

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

Ah, crikey! I don't want to risk messing up my jailbreak, I'll just leave it as is unless anyone else has any ideas. Thanks for the quick response!

Ericskooky said:
Ah, crikey! I don't want to risk messing up my jailbreak, I'll just leave it as is unless anyone else has any ideas. Thanks for the quick response!

Ok your jailbroken that opens up more options. Do you have any type of tweak that does anything with your stock mail app, or have you noticed this problem started after you installed something from cydia?

I thought of that, I have very few jailbroken tweaks that I've used, pretty much nothing besides BiteSMS, iFile, RemoveBackground.. common stuff. I did have PhotoMail, which I thought may have caused it although I installed that a while ago.. so I removed it and it didn't make a difference.

Ericskooky said:
I thought of that, I have very few jailbroken tweaks that I've used, pretty much nothing besides BiteSMS, iFile, RemoveBackground.. common stuff. I did have PhotoMail, which I thought may have caused it although I installed that a while ago.. so I removed it and it didn't make a difference.

Well nothing like that would interfere with the stock mail app. If you wanted to, you could save your SHSH blob with iFaith and then do the restore. Thats pretty much all I can recommend. Although somebody else may have an idea of what it could be. That's all I can really think of though!

Ericskooky said:
See, I would do that, but I have no idea how. Heh. Is it risky, and what exactly does it do?

It's not hard to do at all you just download iFaith and follow the instructions. Once you've dumped your SHSH, you can proceed to restoring. :D! Just follow the instructions step by step :D! Hope this helps.

Any idea if Verizon's 4.2.8 is still being signed? I wouldn't need to use iFaith if it was, correct?

you could use Pkg Backup to back up your jailbreak apps and tweaks and then restore your device?

Ericskooky said:
Any idea if Verizon's 4.2.8 is still being signed? I wouldn't need to use iFaith if it was, correct?

No 4.2.8 isn't being signed anymore. That's why you need to use iFaith!

The list of forums is not letting me enter and therefore I cannot post my question - sorry for the hijack. Can this be fixed somehow?

Also,I am not able to create new folders in email. If I am not mistaken, I thought with the iOS 5 we were going to have that option. No buttons to allow this in mail and no options in settings. I am not on gmail.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited:
Hmm. I thought you would be quick to answer and help me out with my email problem darkstar! I thought I could count on your wealth of information. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net