What's new

Is there a way to forward an entire text thread?

jrallen97

Reaction score
I've been getting harassed by an exgirlfriend, and I want to be able to back up and be able to print everything she's sent me in case I need to pursue a restraining order. Is there a way to forward an entire text thread or am I stuck doing it one at a time? Thanks!

If there is a way to back it up, i.e. Sync text to a text file, that would work fine as well. Thanks

Yes you can back up that text message using iTunes, but you know iTunes will not only backup that specific SMS but all your SMS. If you happen to lose the message thread, just restore your backup and you will have it back.
You can also tap the button on top right, select one by one all the messages and down right tap forward. Doing that will forward all the messages but all in one, there will not be any time stamp, any sender name or nothing like, all the messages will be together.
Also you can just catch the screen shot of the messages parts by part like this one here:
7b797131-8c4d-8a3f.jpg
7b797131-8c57-709b.jpg
and have them in your camera roll, that way it will have the time stamp and easy to understand what was sent an what was receive.

Most of the messages came from her email since I was able to block her phone number, so it had the sender and time stamp included in the actual text. Thanks for the help!

Most of the messages came from her email since I was able to block her phone number, so it had the sender and time stamp included in the actual text. Thanks for the help!

Use the screenshot method if you don't have any other better solution. You can send those screenshot to your email and pack them there or a later use.