What's new

Is my battery dead?

brd912

Reaction score
When plugged in, it just keeps booting to the white apple logo and then restarting over and over and never booting into the system. When unplugged it shows no sign of life. Also when trying to restore with iTunes I get error 21, but the iPhone isn't jailbroken and the host files is set right.

Is there any way to externally test the battery to see if its defective?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

my friend had the same problem
but in his case the pc wouldnt recognize his device
and he just got white apple when connected and nothing when it wasnt connect
he changed the battery and it was ok again

i dont know about testing externally for yourself but the technician can

my friend had the same problem
but in his case the pc wouldnt recognize his device
and he just got white apple when connected and nothing when it wasnt connect
he changed the battery and it was ok again

i dont know about testing externally for yourself but the technician can

I just took the back off, and took the battery out of the little slot but didn't disconnect it. I stretched that little cable out straight and it started working. This worries me because I will replace it, but all the batteries I've seen are the same where the little strip that connects to the phones has to bend to fit in the phone so no matter what after a while it will mess up again.

Let us know if this helps u brd912 seems to be an issue thats popping up alot in these times

........... what u just said made absolutely no sense

Has anyone ever tried booting there phone up without a battery? I seen on YouTube people do it but for me I get a boot loop. I haven't gotten my replacement battery yet so I'm still trying everything possible.

i have the same problem as u brd912, but when i boot up my phone without the battery it actually loads up and goes to the lockscreen when i put in the lockcode it goes to the connect to itunes screen. I dont know what that means. I havent sourced a replacement bat as yet.

Last edited:
If you have any recent backups of your iPhone I would suggest trying to restore to that. If that's what's giving you the -21 error then try restoring the phone with either the 5.0.1 or 5.1.1 official IPSW file using Redsn0w.

You can find all of the official IPSW files here:
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...ple-ios-firmware-download-links-iphone-17213/

*Note*
Restoring your phone to an official IPSW file will completely wipe your phone.

If you have any recent backups of your iPhone I would suggest trying to restore to that. If that's what's giving you the -21 error then try restoring the phone with either the 5.0.1 or 5.1.1 official IPSW file using Redsn0w.

You can find all of the official IPSW files here:
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...ple-ios-firmware-download-links-iphone-17213/

*Note*
Restoring your phone to an official IPSW file will completely wipe your phone.

Can I do this with no battery? I know for sure my battery is dead. The connector finally broke in half but when I plug it in with no battery I get a boot loop. I used tiny umbrella to try and fix the boot loop but it didn't work.

also, i have no idea how to get the blobs file. ive never backed up this phone

You can get a new battery here:
Moderation notice: removed external link

That's were I suggest you start. If you can't afford one atm, I recommend you save up because doing this without a battery could cause you even more of a headache. In the link above, just select your model and go from there.

EDIT:

johnwolves (moderator) removed my link that I suggested you visit to get yourself a new battery so instead, just google Phone Doctors and the website will come up. You'll find the battery that you need there. PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited: