What's new

Iphone 4 apple logo loop/stuck in recovery

ukrainekid

Reaction score
Hey every one,

I have an Iphone 4 and I am losing all hope with it. I am going to try and explain the problem to the best of my ability.

The phone had been recently restored and was working fine to 5.1 iOS. I was syncing the phone when I disconnected the phone by mistake during the sync and the phone took a $hit on mean. NOTE: the phone was not JailBroken.

Problem list:
1. Phone does not turn on or respond to any button while unplugged
2. When plugged in to the wall, Apple logo comes on and then goes into recovery/emergency calls only. Once I unplug it, Screen goes black.
3. When plugged into PC, itunes recognized iphone as it is in recovery but it says it needs to be restored
4. Itunes Errors 1611, 1602, 3194 when trying to restore

I have tried restoring every way possible
using:
1. Tiny umbrella to fix recovery( I get a white screen then green pois0n gets initialized and then the phone disconnects)
2. Redsnow( stays waiting to reboot and apple logo just comes on and off )
3. Using Custom IPSW
4. downgrading
5. Removing everything apple from my PC and re installing (didn't work)
6. Modify Host file

I feel like my issue is that the phone never manages to boot so what ever program im using never seem to complete its process. If someone has any ideas please help because I have tried almost every solution I can find on google and all the dev-team stuff and nothing works.

Im about to dump this phone on the Garbage!

ukrainekid said:
Hey every one,

I have an Iphone 4 and I am losing all hope with it. I am going to try and explain the problem to the best of my ability.

The phone had been recently restored and was working fine to 5.1 iOS. I was syncing the phone when I disconnected the phone by mistake during the sync and the phone took a $hit on mean. NOTE: the phone was not JailBroken.

Problem list:
1. Phone does not turn on or respond to any button while unplugged
2. When plugged in to the wall, Apple logo comes on and then goes into recovery/emergency calls only. Once I unplug it, Screen goes black.
3. When plugged into PC, itunes recognized iphone as it is in recovery but it says it needs to be restored
4. Itunes Errors 1611, 1602, 3194 when trying to restore

I have tried restoring every way possible
using:
1. Tiny umbrella to fix recovery( I get a white screen then green pois0n gets initialized and then the phone disconnects)
2. Redsnow( stays waiting to reboot and apple logo just comes on and off )
3. Using Custom IPSW
4. downgrading
5. Removing everything apple from my PC and re installing (didn't work)
6. Modify Host file

I feel like my issue is that the phone never manages to boot so what ever program im using never seem to complete its process. If someone has any ideas please help because I have tried almost every solution I can find on google and all the dev-team stuff and nothing works.

Im about to dump this phone on the Garbage!

Why use steps 1 to 6 if phone isn't jailbroken..hook it up to iTunes again from a different USB port.. I had the same probs a while back when I restored my phone after a bad connection as well.small bit of patience.use the search button and it should go right in the end

Why use steps 1 to 6 if phone isn't jailbroken..hook it up to iTunes again from a different USB port.. I had the same probs a while back when I restored my phone after a bad connection as well.small bit of patience.use the search button and it should go right in the end

I have tried using different USB ports, different computer, and different cable as will. What do you mean by use the search button? Thanks

ukrainekid said:
I have tried using different USB ports, different computer, and different cable as will. What do you mean by use the search button? Thanks

There is a good few threads on here about problems you are having..use the search button on top of the page

Guccie said:
Do not and never modify the hosts file. Change it back. Dont downgrade. Dont use a custom ipsw. In tinyumbrella make sure 'Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit' is unchecked. But the phone in DFU Mode. Do a shift+restore and restore to 5.1. And i can bet you unpluging it during synch was NOT the issue.

His phone wasn't jailbroken at that time

Don't dump it lol send it my way!!
There has to be a tech maybe apple can help you??
I'm sorry:-(

Take it to an apple store. Even an out of warranty iPhone they will help you with. If there is one thing apple has going for them it's a superb customer service

Did you enter PWNED DFU mode before restoring t a custom IPSW. just because you are not jailbroken does not mean you cannot use a custom IPSW.

I would use Sn0wbreeze version 2.9.3

Choose "Baseband Preservation Mode" because that mode only preserves the BB instead of preserving BB and jailbreaking. It wont matter that your baseband is being preserved because the same BB is already there that 5.1 would install any way. Makes no difference. Have done it many times.

Enter PWNED DFU mode and shift+restore to the n0wbreeze IPSW. The restore will be almost twice as fast because it does not have to wait to contact any servers......It just goes straight to restoring with no verification from Apple. Perhaps the verification part with Apple is why you cannot restore. We can only hope. Only suggestion I got..Sorry. if that does not work, then take it to an Apple store.

I have the exact same problem and try everything without lucky, were you able to find a solution my friend?

its very strange, maybe hardware problem, but I'm far from an apple store and I don't want to finish there