What's new

How to restore brick/dead iphone,,,

Sado0og

Reaction score
Last week i try to do ota update for my iphone....and at the middle of installing the update my phone shut down because my battery wasn't charged enough

And it became dead......i can't switch it on

But when blug usb to power or pc it gives me itunes logo (recovery mode)

When blug ti itunes it detects my phone at recovery and want to recover it,,,,

Each time i try to recover it stop at waiting for iphone step and gives me error 21
Try to go dfu same issue but i got error 3194
Try using tinyumbrella not working either

What should i do to recover my iphone

Last week i try to do ota update for my iphone....and at the middle of installing the update my phone shut down because my battery wasn't charged enough

And it became dead......i can't switch it on

But when blug usb to power or pc it gives me itunes logo (recovery mode)

When blug ti itunes it detects my phone at recovery and want to recover it,,,,

Each time i try to recover it stop at waiting for iphone step and gives me error 21
Try to go dfu same issue but i got error 3194
Try using tinyumbrella not working either

What should i do to recover my iphone

Go to DFU mode, use redsn0w to restore your iphone, don't use iTunes. Use iOS 6.1.3 or older.
If you have any errors, create a DFU ipsw and restore.

Go to DFU mode, use redsn0w to restore your iphone, don't use iTunes. Use iOS 6.1.3 or older.
If you have any errors, create a DFU ipsw and restore.

But apple has signed ios 7

It's not the signing issue, there is some issue with the redsn0w when restoring iOS 7.

So preferably use 6.1.3 or older. But if there is no error in redsn0w, you can use ios 7.

iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 is still signing. The signing window can close at any time without notice.

Error 21 is most likely your device going into a limbo state between Recovery and DFU during the verification/startup process for the restore. Make sure that you're in DFU mode and that your USB cable is fully plugged in.

For Error 3194, don't use TinyUmbrella. Head over to your host file, manually remove or comment out any Apple hosts (gs.apple.com), then delete the host.umbrella file in the same directory. Flush your DNS after, and retry. Make sure iTunes is closed while doing so.

Trying redsnow with 6.1.3 but giving me failed because missing key.plist

Why

Why would you use RedSn0w in the first place if you're not preserving your baseband or restoring to a custom iOS......

Why would you use RedSn0w in the first place if you're not preserving your baseband or restoring to a custom iOS......

Itunes can't restore it.....it stopped at waiting for iphone and gives me error 21 ,,,,,because of that i used redsnow that gave me missing keys.plist error

Any help ?

Remove iTunes and all of its cache from your computer. Uninstall your USB driver and reboot your computer. Reinstall a fresh copy of 11.1, have the device in Recovery Mode and restore using the Restore button.

Remove iTunes and all of its cache from your computer. Uninstall your USB driver and reboot your computer. Reinstall a fresh copy of 11.1, have the device in Recovery Mode and restore using the Restore button.

Try with three brand-new notebooks (never used itunes)

Install 11.1

And still gives me error 21

Still no luck

Stops at waiting for iphone after verfying the ios with apple server

Error 21