What's new

Is it worth using iCloud ? only have Snow Leopard...

saoir

Reaction score
I have 10.6.8 on my iMac ... which doesn't have access to iCloud. My iMac is 5 years old and I don't believe it would handle a later OS.

Should I bother turning iCloud on on my iPhone 5 ? Do I get any value from it ? or should I just stick with syncing with iTunes via cable ?

Thanks

Thanks hookbill - so basically I cannot access iCloud from my iMac ............ so I really get no benefit from iCloud, correct ? Or is there any benefit I am missing ?

iCloud is a web based service. I have an iPhone 4s, iPad 3, and (until I can afford to replace it with a MacBook Pro) a HP laptop. They get along fine. Go to the iCloud sign in page, enter your apple ID and password. Done

So as I said ... no benefit for me then .... :(

So as I said ... no benefit for me then .... :(

It depends on how you use it. If you want it for a back up for your phone then yes, because even though you have Snow Leopard you still have the latest version of iTunes. And that's how you would access your cloud, via iTunes. So if you are looking for storage space I wouldn't say it's of no benefit.

Just sync by cable same results
I feel iCloud is only convenient when syncing music but u can't sync all the time and you have to buy more memory with iCloud when you run out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk