What's new

dynasaur666

Reaction score
Using old mac/ iPhone 4s

Upgraded iphone to IOS9

Current version of itunes does not support IOS9; no longer even recognizes phone, so cannot perform system reset/ downgrade/ backup/ anything

Cannot update my iTunes because later versions incompatible with OSX.10.6.8 (ver. 11.4)

Because of this, cannot sync phone to iTunes

It's not even like buying a new iPhone would help either, because the problem's with the mac (christ knows i can't afford a new one of those)

Please help

PLEEEEAAASSEEE

Mac info: Mac Pro 2007 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.6.8

Using old mac/ iPhone 4s

Upgraded iphone to IOS9

Current version of itunes does not support IOS9; no longer even recognizes phone, so cannot perform system reset/ downgrade/ backup/ anything

Cannot update my iTunes because later versions incompatible with OSX.10.6.8 (ver. 11.4)

Because of this, cannot sync phone to iTunes

It's not even like buying a new iPhone would help either, because the problem's with the mac (christ knows i can't afford a new one of those)

Please help

PLEEEEAAASSEEE

Mac info: Mac Pro 2007 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.6.8
I'm afraid that you'll need a newer Mac computer that can handle the newest version of iTunes. There's no way to get iTunes 12.3.0.44 on your present Mac Pro. You could look at buying a used Mac or MacBook that can be upgraded to the latest versions of OS X and iTunes.

What about buying or borrowing a Windows 10 computer. Win 10 will run the proper iTunes and let you do what you want with your iPhone. I use my desktop PC to back up and update all my i devices.

You can get a used pc on amazon for $150.

bob