What's new

Iphone 4s help with iTunes

Nibbler

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a new member and I'm here because my gf can't figure out her new iPhone 4s and I'm now responsible for her tech support. Please bear with me.

She activated the phone at the Verizon store and not at home on her iMac. When she connects the phone to the iMac it opens up iPhoto and transfers her iPhone pics to the base computer, but the device is not seen on iTunes and the phone doesn't sync up her music.

She's using iTunes 9.2 and her Apple OS is version 10.4.

When I re-set her iPhone it asked to plug into iTunes and the iTunes app showed the phone as a device but the only response was "iTunes doesn't have the software for this phone, please upgrade to a newer version of iTunes".

I haven't had time to try this step.

I need to know what is the most recent version of iTunes that will run on Mac OS 10.4. Also, what other steps I might be able to take to get the computer to recognize her device.

Thanks for your help.

I would just go to the apple website and download the latest version. Normally, when iTunes starts it does a check, however, that option could be turned off on your setup. I believe, the new iOS requires iTunes 10+.

Does it make sense that it would see the device as a phone, only?