What's new

Is 8/8p really almost the same as 7p?

jhope

Reaction score
I'm considering changing phones recently. I used to use Android so this may be my first time to use iPhone. I heard a lot that 8/8p don't have many improvements compared with 7/7p. Is it true? Or other recommendations?

Contra

Reaction score
It has wireless charging, a faster processor and other small improvements, but the only user noticeable improvements are those mentioned

Reactions: 933

liftedpsd

Reaction score
If you’re coming from an Android get the 8 plus just because it’s the newest out. If you already have a 7 plus then I don’t see a real reason to upgrade to the 8.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you’re coming from an Android get the 8 plus just because it’s the newest out. If you already have a 7 plus then I don’t see a real reason to upgrade to the 8.
If you want the wireless charging capabilities offered by the iPhone 8 models, that's a good reason to upgrade.

fred98tj

Reaction score
It has (over the 7P):

- Glass back
- True Tone display
- Wireless charging
- Faster processor (it’s a beast)
- Better GPU
- Better cams (rear) with deeper pixels
- Can do 4K video @ 60 FPS
- Slow sync flash
- HDR support for both Dolby Vision and HDR10 standards.

Regarding the processor, Apple claims the A11 chip delivers 70% faster multitasking (great given users swap between apps constantly), 30% faster graphics and 25% faster peak CPU performance. In addition Apple says the iPhone 8 Plus is 70% faster than the iPhone 7 Plus in low power mode.

Maybe a few more things that escape me at the moment ( need coffee :p )