What's new

IPHONE4 - problems with making a call

rh1

Reaction score
On Friday I tried to phone my sister on my iphone and got this message: 'the number you are calling is barred from this phone'. I tried her landline - the same. I tried my landline - the same. I tried a friends number the same. I phoned Orange they told me to update software - which I did. Still no luck. I went into the shop today and they said it was probaly my sim card. BY THE WAY I CAN STILL SEND/RECEIVE TXT and SAME WITH EMAIL.
Orange are stumped. They say it is the first time they have heard of it. Can anyone help me?

On Friday I tried to phone my sister on my iphone and got this message: 'the number you are calling is barred from this phone'. I tried her landline - the same. I tried my landline - the same. I tried a friends number the same. I phoned Orange they told me to update software - which I did. Still no luck. I went into the shop today and they said it was probaly my sim card. BY THE WAY I CAN STILL SEND/RECEIVE TXT and SAME WITH EMAIL.
Orange are stumped. They say it is the first time they have heard of it. Can anyone help me?

Ask your carrier to test your phone with a different SIM card. If the problem is a defective SIM card, switching it out will solve your problem.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator