What's new

Get 4 signal bars but cant recieve calls?

hussnainh8

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently disassembled my iphone 4 to to change the home button and in the process i damaged my Digitizer cable. I purchased a new Digitizer/Screen for £20 from ebay and am waiting for that to come but I noticed my phones signal has been on 4 since yestarday? I tried to ring my own phone number and can here the phone making the call but nothing happens on my iphone 4? I do not recieve a message that I had a call or I do not even get the call on my iphone? I have tried to take of the antenna to see what happens and when I did that it said "Searching" on the top left screen. I reseated the antenna and made sure it was in place properly which shows me the 4 bars but I still can not receive calls? My phone does not vibrate or anything does not come up on the screen?

Please help.

Thanks.

EDIT - I have tried to take the battery out and turn it on and then i got 1 bar with 3g turned on? I can not turn 3g of as my digitizer is not functioning. I have tried to take the simcard out while the phone was still running and when i took it out the phone still said 1 bar with 3g turned on? I am on orange network. I do not understand what is happening? I know it can not be a hardware issue other than the lcd/Digitizer seeing as when i turn my phone on the signal bar is there and when i take the simcard out the bars are still there.

All i am now thinking is it might be a problem with the software which i will try to restore after i have fixed my lcd/digitizer.

Last edited: