What's new

Cannot access 6+ voicemail from home Comcast landline

dmtrashman

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to a Verizon Wireless 6 Plus from a 5C. I now cannot access my 6 Plus's voicemail from my Comcast landline when the 6 Plus is turned off. The # Sign on my Comcast landline phone will not interrupt the voicemail greeting to enter my password. The # Sign will interrupt the greeting if the 6 Plus is powered on.

I can access my 6 Plus's voicemail on or off from any other landline or cell phone. This issue applies strictly to my home Comcast Broadband landline.

I have tried several different cordless phones and wired phones on my Comcast system with the same negative results. Verizon Wireless replaced my 6 Plus one-time and the same issue with the replacement 6 Plus. My previous 5C worked on or off flawlessly on the same Comcast system. I can call my wife's Verizon Wireless iphone, and access her voicemail with no problem when her iphone is turned off.

My 6 Plus is for business so I check my voicemails regularly from my home landline when my iphone is off. I guess that I no longer will be able to do this.

Comcast, Verizon Wireless and Apple Care have washed their hands of this issue. I literally have hours and hours of reading involved trying to resolve this issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
dmtrashman

I know this doesn't solve your issue, but may I ask why you turn your phone off at all? I've never turned mine off. I really don't find the need to. If someone has an explanation for a good reason to, I'd love to hear it. I am not being sarcastic, just would love to have some feedback. Although technically it would be off topic and I should moderate myself, LOL!

I suppose everyone is different in the the way they use their phones but I like to shut down my iPhone before going to sleep, I always have done and it has never given me a problem, I do this because I see no point in leaving it on when I'm asleep.
I believe shutting down your iPhone during the night helps to conserve the life of your battery too.

Sorry dmtrashman, I know this doesn't help you but hopefully someone will have the answer.

I suppose everyone is different in the the way they use their phones but I like to shut down my iPhone before going to sleep, I always have done and it has never given me a problem, I do this because I see no point in leaving it on when I'm asleep.
I believe shutting down your iPhone during the night helps to conserve the life of your battery too.

Sorry dmtrashman, I know this doesn't help you but hopefully someone will have the answer.

Thank you both! My strategy in shutting off over night, and when on vacation it is my phone for work. I work for a Fortune 150 corporation and check voice mails and e-mails on a schedule when I am not working. If I left it powered on, I would feel obligated to return calls and answer e-mails. The main point is that it is not working correctly. After all of my efforts I am starting to believe the issue is related to setting up the new iphone 6 Plus as a restore through icloud, and not setting up initially as a brand new phone. My next step is to do a complete factory restore, and have it set up with Verizon to be able to reactivate my same telephone number. There is additional work involved through our I.T. Dept. for the enterprise e-mail.

Thank you,
dmtrashman

You didn't say when you bought your iPhone 6plus but with every new iPhone comes 90 days of free telephone support with Apple so if you are still in that period give them a ring.
The telephone support is excellent but if you are out of that period you can always make an appointment with your nearest Apple store and see if they can help.

With all the rule outs you've done, it would appear to be a Comcast issue since it works fine outside of your home. You say broadband landline, so does that mean "digital" and through a modem? Could this be a modem setting issue? Ghz interference? Wifi issue? For instance, when you turn your phone off it disconnects from wifi. When powered back on it reconnects. Try with and without wifi as another rule out?

You didn't say when you bought your iPhone 6plus but with every new iPhone comes 90 days of free telephone support with Apple so if you are still in that period give them a ring.
The telephone support is excellent but if you are out of that period you can always make an appointment with your nearest Apple store and see if they can help.

As stated in my write - up starting the thread, Apple Care including Verizon Wireless and Comcast have all washed their hands of the issue saying it has nothing to do with their end of it.

As stated in my write - up starting the thread, Apple Care including Verizon Wireless and Comcast have all washed their hands of the issue saying it has nothing to do with their end of it.
Ah ok, missed that.

I downloaded the Comcast app it has the email...(it's the Comcast email app) and I can access all Comcast voicemail there in that app. Pretty neat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I mean is I cannot access it either only through my iphone [emoji16] a bit annoying but I don't really use my landline just sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk