What's new

IPhone XR

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of Apple's new offerings today is the cheaper XR.
It still deserves a mention.
Is that going to be on anyone's shopping list?

Last edited:
I really wish Apple would add these colours on the higher spec phones. I really wanted the red one, but the XR is a downgrade from the X, so I got the XS Max and sold my X on mazuma for £600 and my iPhone 7 for £220 to really help with that XS max £1449 price which is a lot for a phone. if I did not have anything to trade for the phone I am not sure I would have gotten it. not because I cannot afford it, but thats insane for a phone. Let's hope its worth it.

Actually I sell phones in the states and a lot of people are waiting for the Xr based on pricing. They think the xs and the max are over priced

Actually I sell phones in the states and a lot of people are waiting for the Xr based on pricing. They think the xs and the max are over priced

The XS is pretty much the same pricing as the X was. The iPhone XS Max is the huge price increase. If I did not sell two other devices to help pay for it I am not sure I would have bought it, but I am sure loads of people have bought it on contract for much less.

I wish the XS Max had the colours as well

It's getting closer to pre orders for this iPhone and with Christmas coming it will be interesting to see how it sells.
I'm still considering getting one, it's thought this might be the poor relation but £749 isn't peanuts for a phone, it's still an expensive phone.
It just seems cheap compared to the XS models.
If I decide to get one colour will be the next decision.

It's getting closer to pre orders for this iPhone and with Christmas coming it will be interesting to see how it sells.
I'm still considering getting one, it's thought this might be the poor relation but £749 isn't peanuts for a phone, it's still an expensive phone.
It just seems cheap compared to the XS models.
If I decide to get one colour will be the next decision.

The XR would seem like a downgrade... especially if you got the the X. The plus side is the colours and cheaper price.

A lot of people will be opting for this phone based on having an iPhone for a better price

Well I’m probably going to change my iPhone SE for an XR, and I certainly don’t see that as a downgrade.

However I do think it would have been nice to have the XR’s technology in an SE format.

This morning at 8:00am (UK time) I managed to get my order in for a nice bright red iPhone XR 128Gb model. I think this will be a worthy upgrade from my ageing iPhone SE.

One thing that does annoy me though is the price difference we pay over here from our US cousins across the pond.
In the US, my 128Gb iPhone XR costs $799. Unfortunately in the U.K. they simply transfer that figure to U.K. Pounds. So my phone cost me £799 which at the present exchange rate is a whopping $1040, an eye watering 30% difference[emoji15].

Unfortunately this is not restricted to the price of iPhones. It would seem that it’s the norm to transfer the cost like for like numerically for most, if not all goods.
I wonder if this will change when the U.K. finally ‘unshackle’ themselves from the EU, I fear not unfortunately [emoji57]

I've decided to go with the XR. The more I compare, the more the XR seems right. Price point is so much better, so that's a huge plus. The 2 main differences are cameras, but only with the zoom from what I can tell. I never, ever, use zoom in camera, so that's not an issue at all for me. 2nd is screen on XS is better, but again, can you really notice on a phone sized screen? I doubt it. The XR has a bigger and longer lasting battery (screen doesn't use as much power) which is a plus for me since I use my phone for work. My current 7+ usually dies just before end of day (actual day, not work day). More colors, eh, I could care less about the color of my phone, but more colors is cool for most people. 128GB option is another plus for me, and for only $50 more. 64 isn't really enough for me (work pictures), but 256 is a huge overkill. 128 is the sweet spot. Unfortunately I leave for a work trip on release date and will be gone for a solid week, so pre-order is pointless. I'll pick one up after my trip.

I've decided to go with the XR. The more I compare, the more the XR seems right. Price point is so much better, so that's a huge plus. The 2 main differences are cameras, but only with the zoom from what I can tell. I never, ever, use zoom in camera, so that's not an issue at all for me. 2nd is screen on XS is better, but again, can you really notice on a phone sized screen? I doubt it. The XR has a bigger and longer lasting battery (screen doesn't use as much power)
I agree, comparing the specs side by side there isn't that much difference, there was nothing to put me off the Xr.
The screen size for me is great too.