What's new

iPhone tips

Thanks for these tips, already found them to be helpful.

I specially liked keyboard shortcut because my typing speed is very slow on iphone and other touch phones. These tips will improve my typing speed. I bought it just 1 month ago. And i don't know too much about it right now.

Thanks for these tips, they really help to make the most of my iPhone :) does anyone know how to delete a newsstand when there are no magazine apps in it? I downloaded it by accident and when I hold it down there is no x button shown in the top right corner, Thanks :)

I think Stiflestand still works. It's a utility for the computer that'll hide it. It works on stock devices.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Darkstar2007, I know this is an old post but Thank You!! Just bought an iPhone 4s (1st Apple product & 1st 'smart phone') less than 2 months ago and am still learning.

Huge help!

:iphone4horiz:

Darkstar2007, I know this is an old post but Thank You!! Just bought an iPhone 4s (1st Apple product & 1st 'smart phone') less than 2 months ago and am still learning.

Huge help!

:iphone4horiz:

This thread, while old, will still be valuable for new members coming on with their first iPhones. As we move towards the updated OS...this thread will continue to evolve to align with the changes we see in the future.

Glad this was informative for you.

Very useful for a newbie like me. Thanks a lot for putting up all this at one place!

help my iphone 4s is acting up, it keeps telling me there's a update & when i open apps there's no update then it clears for about 1min & it comes back plus it won't show me my past games apps i purchased, when i'm in a game or google it lets me play/browse for a while then it goes blank & returns me to the home schreen does anyone know what i can do to repair this rather than going to support as i can't afford their prices thank you for any help that incurres sidney

Sidney,

It sounds as if you have not synched your phone to iTunes in your computer. Whether you have a PC or a Mac, I would suggest opening your iTunes, connecting your phone to a USB port on your computer, and synching your phone. Then follow instructions for updating your phone's software.

Alternately, if you don't have a computer, power down your phone completely...for at least 10 minutes. Then power back up and see if that does the trick. Lots of weird stuff is fixed in this way.

Best of luck.

WoodyMaples

help my iphone 4s is acting up, it keeps telling me there's a update & when i open apps there's no update then it clears for about 1min & it comes back plus it won't show me my past games apps i purchased, when i'm in a game or google it lets me play/browse for a while then it goes blank & returns me to the home schreen does anyone know what i can do to repair this rather than going to support as i can't afford their prices thank you for any help that incurres sidney
Take a backup of your iPhone and then hard reset your iPhone. To reset it, you need to press and hold the power and home button simultaneously for 10 seconds. It takes a bit longer than usual. See if this helps or not.