What's new

Please help or else it is going back and I don't think I want it to go back

Skull,
I just wanted to say you went way out of your way to help the o/p, but several of us got some good info too.
Thanks, Mike

You are welcome.

The moderators here set the example, so I just try to follow their lead and help where I can.

It is unfortunate that this phone requires a work around for something as basic as this issue, however, most all phones have work arounds in the form of apps that enhance the functionality of the phone. Thank you again for helping this newbie!
Bill

following this with interest,please let us know how it goes with opera and also if there are any other fixes,hopefully there will be more answers before my 4s arrives.

My new Iphone 4S will not auto resize the web forums I visit most, as well as many internet sites including Apple sites. When the text is too small to read I double tap which only increases the size a little. My only option to read the web page is to pinch to zoom, when I pinch to zoom the web page goes outside of the margins of the screen causing me to have to scroll left and right as well as up and down. I cannot believe that the iphone does not allow me to create text large enough to read that still auto sizes into the margins. This was never an issue on Android. This is a total show stopper for me. I like the smaller size of the Iphone, but only if I can read hassle free. Bill
icab mobile from the app store is the closest you can get to android's automatic reflow of words in a single column. I will never buy an iphone until it has android's text reflow. Scrolling right then left then right...is maddening!

Skull...Re selecting "speak" for browser text, is that only available on the 4s? If it works on a 4, how/where do you select speak?

Thanks.