What's new

Iphone screen symbols

jamaya2816

Reaction score
The little arrow on the beside the battery percentage has been on for the past couple of days. Does anyone know what that means?

jamaya2816 said:
The little arrow on the beside the battery percentage has been on for the past couple of days. Does anyone know what that means?

Gps is being used.

But how is that possible? I haven't had any reason to use it. Is it possible that my phone is being track through gps?

jamaya2816 said:
But how is that possible? I haven't had any reason to use it. Is it possible that my phone is being track through gps?

You can check which apps use the GPS:
Settings > Location Services

The bottom of that page also explains what the arrow colors represent.

Okay, I understand that! Because after the 1st response, I went into my settings and read all of that and then I turned locations off and the arrow went away. Then I went back in and turned it back on. But that arrow has never showed up before on its own...I mean I wasnt using the GPS

jamaya2816 said:
Okay, I understand that! Because after the 1st response, I went into my settings and read all of that and then I turned locations off and the arrow went away. Then I went back in and turned it back on. But that arrow has never showed up before on its own...I mean I wasnt using the GPS

Apps also use the location service as well as the browser. Siri as well.

I know the apps use location services but I've had this phone for months nd this was the first time it's done this like that