What's new

Random faults after screen change

Davices

Reaction score
Hi there, first post and after some advice please. I've changed a couple of iphone 4 screens with no trouble but after changing one for a friend last night I've got a number of faults!

As i connected the battery the phone started up by itself, then when it was booted there is no sound, the volume up/down symbol does not work on the screen, the home button doesn't work and the phone won't charge, apart from that it's fine!

I'm presuming the faults are all linked but sure how, connector or something?

Thanks

You may have to take all the screws out of the motherboard and simply put them back in.

You may have to take all the screws out of the motherboard and simply put them back in.

Hi, thanks for the response. I've taken it apart and put it back together with the same result. I've even tried the mother board in my phone and everything works fine, so I'm guessing the problem is elsewhere.

Davices said:
Hi, thanks for the response. I've taken it apart and put it back together with the same result. I've even tried the mother board in my phone and everything works fine, so I'm guessing the problem is elsewhere.

Well....it may actually be that the screen you used is defected. It happens.

You have only eliminated one major subsection. I would try your motherboard with the screen at fault. The connectors are the big issue. If you have anything at all causing a cross connection or impedance, that could explain the issue you are seeing.