What's new

symbols

lainydawl

Reaction score
im sorry if this has been discussed before but im having a hard time finding what im looking for... a friend of mine had and older iPhone and text me several symbols, ( bathtub/shower and a strawberry) they werent actual pictures but like a smiley or emoticion. i asked how he did this and he said it was on his phone. how do i find these to add to my iPhone4? does anyone know of these symbols or know what im talking about?

I had to get an app from the store for those. I did end up downloading one and installing it to my keyboard. But when my friend sent that text to me I didn't have this app??? I'm so confused! But I do have a version now. Thanks :))

Last edited:
You didnt have to add an app you could do what i recommended and just add the emoji keyboard but you can do it that way also.

I didn't see a emot keyboard when I went into settings :( that's why I had to download one

Ya, in older OS you'll need to download the free app in order to see the emoji set.

Yeah, iOS 5.x comes with the ability to activate the emoji keyboard via the Settings app. If you have a lower version, you'll have to get an emoji app from the App Store (and, some are free).

Good luck.

Marilyn

Go to Settings > General > About and scroll down until you see the line titled "Version." That number is your iOS version number.

Marilyn