What's new

Iphone - Itunes - And Original Music Files

utseay

Reaction score
I was curious how you guys handle your original music files?

Once you put your songs in iTunes, do you then delete the original file? For the longest time, I've always put my song in iTunes which copies the actual file to the iTunes folder, then kept the original in my Music folder.

What you sayeth?

I think that if you delete or even move the original file, iTunes will not be to play the song anymore, instead you will see a red ! Near the song you are trying to play in your iTunes on your computer. The songs are not fully loaded in your iTunes, iTunes just creat or copy the name of the songs in it own library, but link the name of the song to the original song which is in "My Music" folder. So moving or deleting the original song from the original folder will result of a missing file source when you try to play it in iTunes.

i just add the songs into a folder in the documents then load i into the itunes library and leave both there

I have a my music folder that iTunes monitors. Any songs I put in there go on my iTunes. any songs I remove from iTunes are removed from the folder...