What's new

iPhone is adding an unknown "3rd party" to all my outgoing calls.

bowles3

Reaction score
Hello All, I have never seen this before. Every time I try to call one of my contacts, since about 10 minutes ago, it adds an "unknown" to the call. Immidiately. After I hang on with my friend, the Unknown pops up and then I have to hang on them.

Now, I don't know how it's possible for a phone to call an "unknown" number.

In other words, I select the contact I want to call, click call, and bam this is what I see:

$photo.JPG

What could this be?

Thanks in advance.

Might've touched the add call button maybe? Try calling using a headset and monitor the screen.

thanks for your response,

I have tried that, it just automatically does it on every call, and the counter stays at 0.00 no time on the unknown call.

It's spooky : S

Nope, simply called my friend, didn't do anythig to the phone previous to the calls.

Try checking your calling records to see if that number is traceable. It might be a bug, and not the technical difficulty glitchy one if you know what I mean. Or if you have some free time on your hand, try doing a full restore after backing up every morsel of data on your iPhone. If it's still happening, exchange it for a new one. There are rumors of phantom calls being made but this is the first I've heard of a phantom conference call.

Hi thanks for your reply

I checked my records, nothing.

Now, about the bug, I just got this phone recently and no one except me has had access to it,
so no one could have installed a bug on it, unless it's like
a remote tap or something.

Very strange.

this things happened with me on my other phone which is not an iphone , i think and am sure its a problem from ur carrier (sprint) ... am so sure its not an apple bugg , its a connectivity , try calling ur carrier and everything will go fine later

Did you ever find out what was causing this or find a fix?

It just started today on my Iphone 5. I make calls to a known contact and when I end the call, I see Unknown, with 0 time and have to click end again....it is slow to disconnect as well and takes several seconds. Very weird and I don't like it!

Thanks for any help!

Sound weird! I never faced such issue on my device, even I received many International phone calls with tag 'Unknown', but never faced the issue.