What's new

App to Automagically unblock my number, for specific Contacts

VABigDog

Reaction score
Good Morning everyone,

I've done minimal googling for this answer, and thus far all I have seen is to append "*82" before phone numbers. My question follows...

I have my number restricted on my iPone, and not via AT&T. I am looking for an app (if it exists) that will automagically turn off my restriction when I call Specific Contacts (Approved/White-Listed), and allow my number to display on their Caller ID when the call connects. When the call ends and I call someone else, not in the "approved/white-list", my number is blocked from them seeing it in their caller ID.

There have been a few times where a couple of my friends have sent me to v/m, because my number was "Private". I then have to send them a txt stating it is was me calling and to call my back. A bit of a PITA, if you ask me.

So, what say you, oh Lords of the iPhone... Does such an App exist?!?

Thanks, in advance!

Cheers!

BigDog

Not that im aware off. There may be somthing in cydia but don't expect it to be in the app store.

Here in the UK we put 141 infont of any number we wish to 'withold' our number from so it doesn't show up on their caller ID. I'd suggest saving the contact you wish to withold your number from with the prefix in it...

very good idea Gaz.. use 141 in front of the numbers you want to with hold.. so simple and effective

Thank you gentlemen. Actually, I have the phone set up to block my number from going out, as a primary rule. The App I am looking for is more of a Whitelist, to where I can add contacts to the list, so when I do call those folks the number shows up on their caller ID.

No worries though. I've been doing more digging and can't find a thing that would do that. So, I guess it's off to append *82 (That's what we use here, across the pond) to the numbers in my contacts, I want to see my number.

Thank you for you time and expertise.

Cheers!