What's new

iPhone hotspot

Iyokuu

Reaction score
My Graduation is this weekend and I'm hoping to receive my first iPhone 4. I have no wifi in my house so I'm always at my friends, but I want wifi in my house for my DS, ps3, etc. The iPhone 4 has two ways of giving off making a wifi hospot. $20 a month with Verizon or paying a single payment of $20 for an app that does the same thing for jailbroken phones. Will the hotspot feature actually allow me to do mobile gaming? I'd like to know before I start wasting money, any specifics would help as well please.

That's a lot of views for no one to help answer my question... Ugh...

You can get the app for free of cydia. Ad the insanely I repo and it's free, I must say though you will use a lot of data if your planning on using it for ps3 etc.

Iyokuu said:
My Graduation is this weekend and I'm hoping to receive my first iPhone 4. I have no wifi in my house so I'm always at my friends, but I want wifi in my house for my DS, ps3, etc. The iPhone 4 has two ways of giving off making a wifi hospot. $20 a month with Verizon or paying a single payment of $20 for an app that does the same thing for jailbroken phones. Will the hotspot feature actually allow me to do mobile gaming? I'd like to know before I start wasting money, any specifics would help as well please.

I have been using MyWi from Cydia for over a year now. It works well and costs $20. the quality and speed depend on your data plan tho.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net