What's new

personal hotspot

Iyokuu

Reaction score
Does the iphone 4 4.3 Jailbreak come with the personal hotspot app?
I'm looking for a way to get the personal hotspot without paying Verizon $20 a month. Can anyone help me?

You will need a app in cydia to do that. If i'm not mistaking i think it's called "mywi"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You can also try Pdanet its free and works just fine also

ATT wants to charge me for it. It's NOT FREE. After using MYWI for 5-6 months, I got an email from ATT. It said "Dear Customer"
"We've noticed your service plan may need updating.
Many AT&T customers use their smartphones as a broadband connection for other devices, like laptops, netbooks or other smartphones– a practice commonly known as tethering. Tethering can be an efficient way for our customers to enjoy the benefits of AT&T's mobile broadband network and use more than one device to stay in touch with important people and information. To take advantage of this feature, we require that in addition to a data plan, you also have a tethering plan.
Our records show that you use this capability, but are not subscribed to our tethering plan. If you would like to continue tethering, please log into your account online at ATT, or call us at 1-877-446-5250, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by May 27, 2011 to sign up for the DataPro 4GB for Smartphone Tethering plan or the DataPro Enterprise 4GB for Smartphone Tethering plan."
If I use it again, ATT will charge me.
What did I do wrong?

Nothing specifically, AT&T can track MyWi through the APN as it's the same one they use. Therefore they can see that you are tethering without a plan to do so.

This was in a Maclife article as well as several others.

PdaNet is an alternative that has an option to block carrier from tracking usage, it's also free available on cydia as well.