What's new

iphone activated, but not???

spfxbecky

Reaction score
i recently got an iphone and i tried to activate it but when i called they told me it was activated under a number already. i called the person i bought it off of and they told me they switched to at&t and they also switched numbers too. they're using the number on at&t that the iphone originally had. when i restart it it says the phone is not activated yet and to activate it, but when i do it's "already activated under another number". is there any way to fix this without the person i bought it off of?

What do u mean by activate? You talking about it been already unlock?

it says no service at the top and that i need to activate it. so when i go online to do so it says it's already being used by a different number and when i called verizon they told me it's still activated. but yet the phone itself keeps popping up messages saying "this phone is not yet activated please activate". the lady who had it now has at&t and she's using the number this iphone had..she just switched over and kept the numbers. so i dont get how this iphone still has the number even tho it's on at&t now.

That's a bad esn? Or EMEI black listed?? Maybe you will not be able to use the phone until you show up in att and have them look into it.

Have you tried activating it on iTunes?

There's always the idea of going to either a Verizon or Apple store!

i had the same problem. i just kept reseting, i believe its *428 or #428 and dial it will auto activate then you load into itunes. except when i had this problem i had to reset restore at and continually try the above stated about 6 or 7 times. i spen 2 hours on the phone with verizon rep and 30 mins with an apple rep before i hung up and said. **** THIS ILL FIGURE IT OUT MYSELF!!! and i did. pain in the ass but yea. there ya go