What's new

Am i pretty much screwed???...

Fokissed2314

Reaction score
I bought a white iphone 4 for verizon from a guy on craigslist. I checked the Esn with verizon and they said that it's not listed on the black list But the phone is still activated to another number. I called the guy back and he isnt answering. Is there anything i can do?

Last edited:
How is it a bad esn if the phone is active? Have the guy call verizon and turn it off then you can have it activated on your account. What you posted doesnt make much sense. Sorry

I bought a white iphone 4 for verizon from a guy on craigslist. I checked the Esn with verizon and they said that it's not listed on the black list But the phone is still activated to another number. I called the guy back and he isnt answering. Is there anything i can do?

There is something you could do and that is to wait. Have patience and hope the guy isn't faulty. He should tend to half his deal. And why would you buy a phone off of craigslist and not have all that transferred ?

Here's a idea...go to either a Verizon or Apple store. I am sure if the phone is legit they will help!

uh oh. Sounds like the phone is stolen and the owner doesn't know it to report it and have the number deactivated. If this is the case, you might want to bring it into Verizon anad have them go thru their records to contact the owner. Who knows, since he hasn't noticed it missing to deactivate, it might not mean much to him, he might let you keep it (wishful thinking) or might offer you a reward. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on the guy you bought it from to return any of your calls... he is gone in the wind and so is your cash you paid him.