What's new

Please help! (Can't activate Iphone)

jobrien4487

Reaction score
I got a iPhone 4s so I gave my iPhone 4 to a friend of mine and he Can't activate the Iphone 4 and every time we restore the phone it still shows up with my phone number and on the top left still has Verizon 3G like its activated but its not. the number it shows on iTunes is my phone number im using on my iphone 4S. We where on the phone with Verizon for over 2 hours and they just kept making me restore and they could not get it to activate and told me to call Apple care and when I called they said my 90 days where up and would not tell me nothing.

I got a iPhone 4s so I gave my iPhone 4 to a friend of mine and he Can't activate the Iphone 4 and every time we restore the phone it still shows up with my phone number and on the top left still has Verizon 3G like its activated but its not. the number it shows on iTunes is my phone number im using on my iphone 4S. We where on the phone with Verizon for over 2 hours and they just kept making me restore and they could not get it to activate and told me to call Apple care and when I called they said my 90 days where up and would not tell me nothing.

Alright, lets see what we can do to clear this up then ;)

Since I wasn't there for everything lets go over the basics of activating an iPhone 4 on VZW to make sure nothing obvious was missed.

There are three ways to activate an iPhone with VZW. ALL three end with the same LAST STEP. You must dial *228 from the cell phone being activated and pressing 1 on the keypad after the voice prompt. IF you skip this step, the phone will not work.

1) Take it in to the store. They put the MEID into the system.

2) Call *611 from another VZW activated cellphone and go thru the menus to get a human and give them the MEID.

3) Go online to VZW.COM, log into the account that will be activating the phone and use their web interface.

The third one is the fastest. Took me a grand total of 90 seconds to do.

Now if you haven't done ANYTHING concerning the MEID with VZW, then you will never get the phone working.

Also be aware if the MEID isn't deactivated properly, you will have issues.

Another concern could be the account status of the person trying to activate the phone. If it is in some kind of bad status, IE collection, default or has too many lines already, that will also cause problems.

well I found out what it was. I went to settings/general then to reset all settings and it erased my number off the phone and iTunes. Crazy we where on the phone with Verizon for 2 hours and they tryed *228 and just told us to keep re-installing iOS 5 and a couple other things like hard resets and stuff. thanks everyone for your help.