What's new

Newbie iPhone activation question

milo145

Reaction score
Rolling iPhones out to users.

I need iTunes installed on my system to activate the device(s) on the Verizon network, yes?

Do I have to create a iTunes account or any other account just to activate the phone(s)?

After I've activate the phone what happenes if and when a user wants to sync the new iphone with his/her personal iTunes account? Is it as simple as just plugging the iPhone into there home system? What other steps are involved?

Rolling iPhones out to users.

I need iTunes installed on my system to activate the device(s) on the Verizon network, yes?

Do I have to create a iTunes account or any other account just to activate the phone(s)?

After I've activate the phone what happenes if and when a user wants to sync the new iphone with his/her personal iTunes account? Is it as simple as just plugging the iPhone into there home system? What other steps are involved?

You don't need itunes installed if you get it activated at a Verizon, Apple, BestBuy, etc. store.

You need an itunes account if you want to install apps (even free ones) - unless you jailbreak your phone and never intened on buying an app from the official App Store. So basically, without an itunes account, you can't even have facebook installed on your phone. Just like you really need a GMAIL account to use a google device.

As far as switching it to another Itunes account, it's a bit invovled. See here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1311

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the quick and dirty straight to the point reply. ;)