What's new

I have 2 iphone4 from verizon, 1 phone number, could i connect both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delosrec

Reaction score
Hello Yawl,

I have 2 iphones 4, a black and white. I activated black one a year ago and I was wondering if is possible to active the other white iphone with the same phone number through itunes. The idea is to obviously turn one off while the other one is on but be able to switch phones when ever. I understand the need to update software on both but the functionality would be done one at a time.

Is this possible and How to?

Regards,

You can not do that with VZW CMDA based phones. I had to temporarily switch phones last year and it required me to make two phone calls to do the switches. Normally it is a $20 charge to do that switch over unless you have been with them a very long time OR you pay a very large bill.

Skull One said:
You can not do that with VZW CMDA based phones. I had to temporarily switch phones last year and it required me to make two phone calls to do the switches. Normally it is a $20 charge to do that switch over unless you have been with them a very long time OR you pay a very large bill.

You only have to go to. My Verizon and do an esn/ meid change, it's free and takes just a couple moments, after the phones have been activate once it's really a quick change and no Verizon does not charge $20 for the change.

fireman9513 said:
You only have to go to. My Verizon and do an esn/ meid change, it's free and takes just a couple moments, after the phones have been activate once it's really a quick change and no Verizon does not charge $20 for the change.

You're responding to a post almost 6 months old. And they didn't have the website working back then 100%, so there were times you had to call which was a $20 charge unless the customer service rep waved it. So while you are correct today, my post was correct when I made it.

Skull One said:
You're responding to a post almost 6 months old. And they didn't have the website working back then 100%, so there were times you had to call which was a $20 charge unless the customer service rep waved it. So while you are correct today, my post was correct when I made it.

Nope, sorry, i was able to do it six months ago and before then.
Sorry that you don't like that I responded to a six month old post, but I did because you gave false info, especially about the $ 20 dollar fee.

Sorry that you don't like that I responded to a six month old post, but I did because you gave false info, especially about the $ 20 dollar fee.

6months ago the service was charged $20, today the service is free, therefore his info 6months ago was correct but is out date today, leaving your today's comment to be correct, tomorrow your comment might be out of date too if anything changes. Should we say tomorrow that the comment you made today was false information? What's your native language is? If English then re-read the post above your one more time, if you still don't understand then it's a pity.

bab2010 said:
6months ago the service was charged $20, today the service is free, therefore his info 6months ago was correct but is out date today, leaving your today's comment to be correct, tomorrow your comment might be out of date too if anything changes. Should we say tomorrow that the comment you made today was false information? What's your native language is? If English then re-read the post above your one more time, if you still don't understand then it's a pity.
Screw it, you fools believe what you want, I don't know where you are at but I have never been charged $20 and have used the website for over a year for this and it worked every time.
I'm done with this, you little children enjoy yourself now.

Screw it, you fools believe what you want, I don't know where you are at but I have never been charged $20 and have used the website for over a year for this and it worked every time.
I'm done with this, you little children enjoy yourself now.

Seriously, I'm surprised that no Mod on the forum haven't decided to give you some vacation from the forum. Thanks for treating us as being fools btw.

fireman9513 said:

Actually I decided to dwell on this for a bit. It occurred to me that you are probably under one of the newer contracts and all of your CDMA phones have been registered in the last four years.

I on the other hand came from GTE and was grandfathered in to Verizon. My contract has had only one adjustment in the last 12 years and that was to add unlimited data plans for both feature and smart phones. I also had the issue that most of my phones where tri-band CDMA and had never been registered into the newer online system.

Also contracts older than 4 years have, in writing, a $20 charge listed for switching phones mid contract.

So your view point, which is likely factual, is limited by a simple fact. You haven't been around as long as I have nor dealt with being on a contract that is 12 years old. And before you decide to chime in that I can't have a contract that old, because you have to sign a new one when you get a subsidized phone, that is a very common misconception and you only extend an existing contract.

BTW, next time you might want to do a little research before you decide to call someone out.

bab2010 said:
Seriously, I'm surprised that no Mod on the forum haven't decided to give you some vacation from the forum. Thanks for treating us as being fools btw.

Next time, report it so we'll know whats going on. :)

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.