What's new

iphone 6 storage full

jmm320

Reaction score
I keep getting the message that the storage on my iphone 6 is full. When I look under 'storage' in settings, it says Used 12GB, Available Zero KB. The app that shows most used is 'Photos & Camera' at 2.8GB used, but my photos are supposed to be going to icloud. I don't understand why the photos are taking up so much room. Can anyone help me? At this point I can't take anymore pics.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

The images don‘t go to iCloud, they are synced by iCloud, that‘s why they need a lot of storage space on your iPhone. When you remove them from your iPhone, they won‘t be in iCloud either.
There‘s a setting for images that helps freeing storage on your iPhone. Go to the Settings app, select Photos, and check Optimize iPhone Storage.
If that doesn‘t help getting rid of enough storage space, save the images somewhere else - the computer, cloud storage such as Google Photos, Flickr, OneDrive, Dropbox, ...., and completely remove the images from your iPhone.

Hope that helps.

The images don‘t go to iCloud, they are synced by iCloud, that‘s why they need a lot of storage space on your iPhone. When you remove them from your iPhone, they won‘t be in iCloud either.
There‘s a setting for images that helps freeing storage on your iPhone. Go to the Settings app, select Photos, and check Optimize iPhone Storage.
If that doesn‘t help getting rid of enough storage space, save the images somewhere else - the computer, cloud storage such as Google Photos, Flickr, OneDrive, Dropbox, ...., and completely remove the images from your iPhone.

Hope that helps.
What about iCloud Photo Library? iCloud Photo Library
Those photos are stored in iCloud.

What about iCloud Photo Library? iCloud Photo Library
Those photos are stored in iCloud.
That’s the same:
Any changes you make to your collection on one device, change on your other devices too. (Apple)
I’m using iCloud Photo Library, images and videos sync between my devices, and when I remove them from one device, they disappear everywhere else.

Hope that helps.

Thank you!! That is the best, most concise explanation I have heard yet from anyone!