What's new

I'm Deleting Photos but Storage Doesn't Decrease...

IphoneAlan

Reaction score
Hope someone can help a rookie on this...

My 16G iPhone 5 (IOS 8.1) shows 8.9 gigs in GENERAL/USAGE/STORAGE/MANAGE STORAGE/PHOTOS & CAMERA.

To reduce that, I've just deleted almost all my Photos but the 8.9 remains unchanged. At this rate, I'll soon have no Photos remaining but still 8.9 used.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Alan

Hope someone can help a rookie on this...

My 16G iPhone 5 (IOS 8.1) shows 8.9 gigs in GENERAL/USAGE/STORAGE/MANAGE STORAGE/PHOTOS & CAMERA.

To reduce that, I've just deleted almost all my Photos but the 8.9 remains unchanged. At this rate, I'll soon have no Photos remaining but still 8.9 used.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Your iPhone doesn't delete photos right away, instead it just moves them into a deleted photos album. They'll remain there for 30 days before the photos will be permanently deleted. You can go into the deleted photos album and delete them if you really want them deleted. Unfortunately you have to delete them one at a time which can be time consuming.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!

Thank you very much for responding! Much appreciated!

I knew there was an explanation:)

Thanks again,

Alan:)

Your iPhone doesn't delete photos right away, instead it just moves them into a deleted photos album. They'll remain there for 30 days before the photos will be permanently deleted. You can go into the deleted photos album and delete them if you really want them deleted. Unfortunately you have to delete them one at a time which can be time consuming.

Correction... It seems you can delete more than one picture at a time now. Must be one of the changes brought about with iOS 8.1.