What's new

iPhone 5S Already on the Way?

if u like ios, get apple. if u like android, get an android phone. nuff said. no phone is superior to the other. its catered to the users.

My old Nokia 3310 works as intended but is now out of date. People go on about iOS being stable, smooth ect.. But when apple announce a new feature everyone loves it even though its been on android since day one. Like Facebook integration ect... Apple drip feed all the features to its customers because they know you will pay for it as they now "have you" hooked. They manage to change the world with the original iPhone and built up their fan base then. Now they are just about holding on to those people.

The best thing about apple is the build quality of their phones, they are the best out there with in my opinion the best screens.

Younger people have gone with android yes, that says a lot for the brand. In years to come those people will be older and still picking android because apple doesn't give us the features people want.

If you see the flaws in androids source code then I'm sure they do too. I'm not worried about a bit of malware. I've never come across a single person who has been moaning about there phone having a virus or they have been hacked. Anyhow, nothing is safe. Psn got hacked, Xbox live got hacked, everything gets hacked at some point. If people can jailbreak an iPhone they can produce malware for it.

Apple know google "android" and Samsung are a threat, that's why they are cutting all ties with them. If they know it why is everyone on here blind to it?

That all said, I like my iphone. But it would be nice to be able to lose iTunes, drag and drop my music and movies to it without any conversion. Maybe have some expandable memory too rather than pay over the odds for a 32gb or 64gb iPhone.

Your Nokia 3310 still operates as intended and does so probably flawlessly. That does not equate to out of date. Because that would be like saying that chivalry is out of date. Since it has been around for thousands of years. Think about it.

But your statement "Apple know google "android" and Samsung are a threat, that's why they are cutting all ties with them" simply shows your ignorance on the subject matter as a whole. And that is rather frightening to me, because you actually believe that. Apple isn't cutting ties with Samsung because they are better. It is because Samsung is stealing Apple's intellectual property (IP). And several court cases have already shown this to be a fact. Which is why Samsung is currently trying to figure out how to deal with a one billion dollar judgement against them for copying Apple's IP.

I highly recommend, before you respond, that you research the current lawsuits Samsung has lost due to theft of design. And while you research this, make sure to pay attention to the last three major device designs Samsung has introduced and where they copied them from. Hint to help your research: LG, BlackBerry and Apple.

Simply put, Samsung couldn't design a new device from scratch even if they wanted to. Their current staff only knows how to copy existing works and try to make improvements.

Oh and Android doesn't blaze any trails. It has literally copied every idea from other operating systems and simply expanded on them. You should learn the history of OSes before commenting on them. Because Widgets date back to the first consumer OS called Amiga OS. Which was based on the original Xerox Parc business OS. Apple's original OS also had a variation but they weren't as good as the Amiga because Apple (Wozniak) decided to run everything thru a single CPU where as Amiga went with a CPU, GPU and two discreet support chips.

There is a very old phrase; "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". The issue you have is, you never bothered to learn it to begin with.

if u like ios, get apple. if u like android, get an android phone. nuff said. no phone is superior to the other. its catered to the users.

You are incorrect. Because for a phone to be a phone it must be able to dial and receive calls. Android based phones, thru no fault of the users, can miss calls because the user simply installed an application. That can not happen with iOS as of today.

Now if you wish to discuss that microcomputer side of the device, by removing the requirement of it being a functional phone, then I would tend to agree with your opinion.

You are incorrect. Because for a phone to be a phone it must be able to dial and receive calls. Android based phones, thru no fault of the users, can miss calls because the user simply installed an application. That can not happen with iOS as of today.

Now if you wish to discuss that microcomputer side of the device, by removing the requirement of it being a functional phone, then I would tend to agree with your opinion.

well, i have had many calls missed with my iphone. my dad as well. i called him on his iphone 4, and he never even recieved the call. not even a missed call, nothing. he had full service. not blaming it on ios or the service or anything, but it happens. and vice versa ( we are using ATT ). when i had android w/ verizon, i never had an issue, but then again it could be because verizon > ATT. but i still think its weird that when i have full service and missing a call, it doesnt even notify me.

not trying to start a debate, just saying everyone had their own preference. i like IOS because its simple. there are things android phones can do that my iphone cant, and vice versa. so to me no phone is better than the other.

i switched to the gs3. it was an awesome phone. did not miss the iphone. but because the phone is so huge, i was unable to hold it with one hand and type at the same time. had to switch back to my iphone 4.

well, i have had many calls missed with my iphone. my dad as well. i called him on his iphone 4, and he never even recieved the call. not even a missed call, nothing. he had full service. not blaming it on ios or the service or anything, but it happens. and vice versa ( we are using ATT ). when i had android w/ verizon, i never had an issue, but then again it could be because verizon > ATT. but i still think its weird that when i have full service and missing a call, it doesnt even notify me.

not trying to start a debate, just saying everyone had their own preference. i like IOS because its simple. there are things android phones can do that my iphone cant, and vice versa. so to me no phone is better than the other.

i switched to the gs3. it was an awesome phone. did not miss the iphone. but because the phone is so huge, i was unable to hold it with one hand and type at the same time. had to switch back to my iphone 4.

There are two types of missed calls. The most common is due to cellular tower not "seeing" the cell phone and relaying the incoming call. This issue has been around since day 1 of cell phones.

But with Android it has to do with the actual OS failing to acknowledge the cellular radio signaling an event. It is caused by the CPU being overloaded with work. Android is allowed to run as many background applications as their are apps on the phone. And while this issue is finally being addressed in Android 4.x it isn't 100% gone yet. iOS has never had this issue. And there in-lies the inherent difference between the two OSes.

God what a slap in the face.
Apple is such a fashion statement, I wish they focused on performance a bit rather than making minuscule incremental hardware update each year and calling it revolutionary each time.

Sucks that I actually love iOS and how it's written. Catch 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God what a slap in the face.
Apple is such a fashion statement, I wish they focused on performance a bit rather than making minuscule incremental hardware update each year and calling it revolutionary each time.

Sucks that I actually love iOS and how it's written. Catch 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUH???? Seriously???

You do realize that the iPhone 5 is the fastest dual core CPU (@ 1.3 GHZ no less) cell phone on the planet???? And the only Android phones that have ever posted better benchmarks (and only around 13% better at that) are the Quad Core CPUs running @ 1.5Ghz.

Please tell me where the iPhone 5 lacks in performance. Because this I gotta read.

This thread is going nowhere LoL

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

^ its not.

back on topic. im still using an iphone 4 right now. home button contact sucks :( registers only like 1/2 the time

thinking if i should just pick up a used iphone 5 right now, or wait till a 5s comes out and get it unlocked without a contract, or get a 5 when the 5s comes out so the price is less. any opinions? >.>

^ its not.

back on topic. im still using an iphone 4 right now. home button contact sucks :( registers only like 1/2 the time

thinking if i should just pick up a used iphone 5 right now, or wait till a 5s comes out and get it unlocked without a contract, or get a 5 when the 5s comes out so the price is less. any opinions? >.>

If you haven't already tried to reset the home button, then try this real quick..

Hold the sleep/wake button until the slide to unlock prompt appears. Release the sleep/wake button and hold the home button until the slide to unlock prompt disappears. This helps my iPhone 4. I have to do it about once a month though.

On the note of the iPhone 5 vs. iPhone 5S purchase, I think I would just wait and see what new features (more than likely hardware upgrades) the 5S has, then make my decision based on that. :)

Although, the android/iOS debate needs to stop now. It's not on topic with this thread.
Let's get back on track so we can leave this thread open.

If you haven't already tried to reset the home button, then try this real quick..

Hold the sleep/wake button until the slide to unlock prompt appears. Release the sleep/wake button and hold the home button until the slide to unlock prompt disappears. This helps my iPhone 4. I have to do it about once a month though.

On the note of the iPhone 5 vs. iPhone 5S purchase, I think I would just wait and see what new features (more than likely hardware upgrades) the 5S has, then make my decision based on that. :)

Although, the android/iOS debate needs to stop now. It's not on topic with this thread.
Let's get back on track so we can leave this thread open.

i tried it back then, and it didnt fix the issue. for the heck of it i just tried it again. after holding the home button for a few seconds, it launches the volume control...

tomsunny has inside knowledge and very well could be the 5s - im actually looking for a 32gb version iphone 5 and want to change worlds from Android to Apple.