What's new

iPhone 5S Already on the Way?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8272-iphone-5-white.JPG

AppleInsider today reports on what it calls a “questionable” rumour coming out of Taiwan, which says that Apple is about to start trial production of an iPhone 5S model as early as this coming December. The story hails originally from Chinese-language paper Commercial Times, and was then translated by DigiTimes. According to the rumour, Apple has ordered from 50,000 to 100,000 initial production units of the iPhone 5S. While AppleInsider points out that both Commercial Times and DigiTimes are not always that accurate with their rumours, there is a possible nugget of truth in the story, which is the fact that the production of the current iPhone 5 has proved to be very problematic for Foxconn, due to the nature of the quality control methods required to avoid scratching the back panel. Could Apple possibly be planning a revamped version of the iPhone 5 in order to correct what really now seems to be a design flaw? As always, watch this space!

Source: Rumor: Apple to begin trial production of 'iPhone 5S' in December

Now this creates a very interesting situation in my opinion. With the intro of the iPad 4th Gen in the fall and a possible iPhone 5S being introduced in the spring, could we see a product intro rotation happen?

Basically by switching the iPad to fall it sets up a Christmas buzz for a product that is not subsidized by cellular providers. This would allow people to save up for this as their "big" gift. And since the iPhones can be subsidized people will have money in the spring to get the new iPhone as well.

This literally could turn into a new marketing strategy by pure dumb luck.

one of the things i like about having an iphone is that i have a current phone for a whole year,i for one will be very annoyed if a new iphone comes out so soon after 5 was released....very annoyed!!!

one of the things i like about having an iphone is that i have a current phone for a whole year,i for one will be very annoyed if a new iphone comes out so soon after 5 was released....very annoyed!!!

Looks like Apple has already started with that.Example is the new ipad 4.

I'm so glad I'm jumping ship. Android is the future.

If Android is the future, why is Apple's sales numbers continuing to grow while Android sales are flat? Also why are there now over 200 different Android phones on the market with the average TTL (time to live) less than 9 months compared to Apple with 6 iPhones and a TTL of 3 years?

The only thing Android has going for it is one word, cheap.

Skull One said:
If Android is the future, why is Apple's sales numbers continuing to grow while Android sales are flat? Also why are there now over 200 different Android phones on the market with the average TTL (time to live) less than 9 months compared to Apple with 6 iPhones and a TTL of 3 years?

Couldn't say it better!

exactly.

Y'all didnt think the 5 would be apples last phone did ya? 5s next year,6 a year after that and so on. Makes sense to me! Gotta keep improving!

Y'all didnt think the 5 would be apples last phone did ya? 5s next year,6 a year after that and so on. Makes sense to me! Gotta keep improving!

Of course not, but it's still quite shocking that apple produces it not to long after the launch of 5. (While the 4 and 4S, and 4S to 5 have more than 1 year interval).

I really wanted the 5 since I have the 4s now. But since It looks like I won't have to wait too long for 5s. Then the wait is going to be worth it.
And this coming from someone who was annoyed that the ipad mini was released less than a year after ipad 3.

Last edited: