What's new

iPhone 5S Already on the Way?

I am on 4 since 2011, might as well wait for 6 instead of getting 5s - if I am going to upgrade lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB
iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

That's what I would do! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all didnt think the 5 would be apples last phone did ya? 5s next year,6 a year after that and so on. Makes sense to me! Gotta keep improving!

LOL. Never, we will be up to iPhone 25 in a couple of years. I am sure they can consolidate some of these changes with fewer releases but then how else would they get our $$$. And the 100s of releases in a short period of time also attracts new iPhone / iPad customers.

tlbaker said:
LOL. Never, we will be up to iPhone 25 in a couple of years. I am sure they can consolidate some of these changes with fewer releases but then how else would they get our $$$. And the 100s of releases in a short period of time also attracts new iPhone / iPad customers.

That's true! It takes a while to put a new product out so it makes cents (pun intended) to start now. And just because they release a new phone doesn't mean u have to buy it if your happy with your 5 or whatever u have now. I'm on a 4s and love it but will be ready for a 5s when it arrives on the scene!

That's true! It takes a while to put a new product out so it makes cents (pun intended) to start now. And just because they release a new phone doesn't mean u have to buy it if your happy with your 5 or whatever u have now. I'm on a 4s and love it but will be ready for a 5s when it arrives on the scene!

I am still on 4 from 2011 and it works just fine. Since I have other iDevices that are similar, there's no need for me to rush out to get a new phone. Just got an iPod touch 5th gen. which is like getting a new iPhone. I use it mainly on the subway.

Maybe if I can sell the 4, somehow, I might think about it.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

I rather stay on my factory unlocked iPhone 4 and always be able to jailbreak. The iPhone 5 is nice and a huge improvement from the iPhone 4 but not being able to add little tweaks that makes my phone better is something I can't live without.

The iPhone 5S will have everyone going crazy all over again like they did with the iPhone 5.

I don't think it's worth upgrading

Via Tapatalk

I hope 5s will have better battery

Sent from Asus Infinity tablet

I hope 5s will have better battery

The battery life on a iPhone will never change. It's funny you said that because ppl wish for the same thing on every new iPhone release and every new iOS release for years.

Battery life has never improved. But remember, iPhones are like handheld computers. The more you use it, the more battery life you will drain. There is no way around that.

Via Tapatalk

As an FYI for the battery discussion, this is a subject near and dear to my heart and I track it like a hound dog looking for an escaped criminal. You might want to read this for the latest update on where the next big improvement happens. Battery breakthrough: New technology promises to triple lithium ion capacity - GeekWire

And for the time impaired:
“If you look at a current lithium ion battery, one of the components is the anode electrode. That currently uses a form of carbon as the material and that carbon has a limit to the amount of energy that can be stored. That ultimately limits the performance of the battery. So what we’re doing is developing new anode technology that has the ability to store up to three times the energy of existing carbon-based anode technology. So that would translate into three times longer application times for your phone or laptop if that performance was translated to the rest of the battery component.”

The battery life on a iPhone will never change. It's funny you said that because ppl wish for the same thing on every new iPhone release and every new iOS release for years.

Battery life has never improved. But remember, iPhones are like handheld computers. The more you use it, the more battery life you will drain. There is no way around that.

Via Tapatalk

My 4s have better battery life time, than my wife's ip5. We switch the phones for couple days. I'm not satisfied with battery lifetime on ip5.

My 4s have better battery life time, than my wife's ip5. We switch the phones for couple days. I'm not satisfied with battery lifetime on ip5.

The iPhone 5 is still new, the battery life of these batteries improves over time (speaking from experience - owned many recent smartphones).

Also Tmobile will officially get the iPhone so that is also why their is a push read it on c net

If Android is the future, why is Apple's sales numbers continuing to grow while Android sales are flat? Also why are there now over 200 different Android phones on the market with the average TTL (time to live) less than 9 months compared to Apple with 6 iPhones and a TTL of 3 years?

The only thing Android has going for it is one word, cheap.

Amen!!!

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.