What's new

iPhone 5S Already on the Way?

T-mobile is getting the 5s !!

Tapatalking up in ya

Yes, but, from what I understand, they won't be offering it at a subsidized price. Meaning that the iPhone 5 will cost around $800. Yes, consumers will enjoy a reduced monthly contract fee, but most people are going to see the following choice:

a new iPhone 5 at T-Mobile for $800
or
a new iPhone 5 at the other carriers for $200.

Why wait several months to save up for a new iPhone 5 at T-Mobile when you can get it for a quarter of the cost elsewhere?

I feel this is the wrong time for T-Mobile to be doing what it's doing.

On the battery questions if they can store 3 times the energy they will make the battery smaller until it needs to grow again to house more parts and memory. The call of "our new iPhone XXs weighs 1.2 ounces less than the XX-1s it replaces" is strong to the marketing teams.

On the battery questions if they can store 3 times the energy they will make the battery smaller until it needs to grow again to house more parts and memory. The call of "our new iPhone XXs weighs 1.2 ounces less than the XX-1s it replaces" is strong to the marketing teams.

The ratio between computing power needed (CPU, GPU, apps, etc.) and battery life will only diverge for a short time. As soon as the battery life drastically increases manufacturers will say "hey, now we can make the devices work harder". Then, components will be upgraded in order to do more work and the ratio will return to where it was - people complaining about battery life.

The ratio between computing power needed (CPU, GPU, apps, etc.) and battery life will only diverge for a short time. As soon as the battery life drastically increases manufacturers will say "hey, now we can make the devices work harder". Then, components will be upgraded in order to do more work and the ratio will return to where it was - people complaining about battery life.

Fantastic.
Exactly.
In this case if you use it you lose it. (Battery that is).

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Actually the reality is Apple is cutting back on orders and production and is in trouble. Look at some of the analyst reports on the company. It's going to take more than more colors and NFC to save the iphone5. The problem is the whole mindset of apple and cell phones is wrong. Forcing the phone to be no wider than than 2.31" so that it fits in the small of the hand etc. forcing the use of IOS 6 which is archaic compared to Android.
Android cheap? Nonsense. The Samsung Note 2 is more expensive and better than the iphone 5 in every way. The truth is Apple has been playing catch up for the last couple of years. The 4S should have been the 5 and the current 5 should have been the 6 with IOS7 and a 4.8" screen etc. I might be wrong but I think that Apple jumped the shark. I sold all my AAPL stock a couple of months ago. Had quite a bit some bought at the $50 price area. I think Samsung is Apples biggest problem and I can't see how they can't stop them. Also Motorola will come on strong with Googles management in 2013.

Actually the reality is Apple is cutting back on orders and production and is in trouble. Look at some of the analyst reports on the company. It's going to take more than more colors and NFC to save the iphone5. The problem is the whole mindset of apple and cell phones is wrong. Forcing the phone to be no wider than than 2.31" so that it fits in the small of the hand etc. forcing the use of IOS 6 which is archaic compared to Android.
Android cheap? Nonsense. The Samsung Note 2 is more expensive and better than the iphone 5 in every way. The truth is Apple has been playing catch up for the last couple of years. The 4S should have been the 5 and the current 5 should have been the 6 with IOS7 and a 4.8" screen etc. I might be wrong but I think that Apple jumped the shark. I sold all my AAPL stock a couple of months ago. Had quite a bit some bought at the $50 price area. I think Samsung is Apples biggest problem and I can't see how they can't stop them. Also Motorola will come on strong with Googles management in 2013.

I'm sorry, if you are going to weigh in on a subject and make statements of that nature, I believe you should actually be able to back your claims up. Lets all look at some articles together. And lets see how well these statements hold up.

Lets start with your assertion that Apple has an iPhone 5 sales issue (this article is only 3 weeks old): Soaring iPhone 5 sales put iOS on top in U.S. - Computerworld. And here is a quote for the clicking impaired.
Soaring iPhone 5 sales in the U.S. have helped make iOS the top smartphone operating system in the country, edging out Android, according to market research firm Kantar Worldpanel ComTech.
I think that article pretty much ends that line of thought.

Now lets look at iOS 6. Oh wait.... I have a much better idea. Lets look at the Samsung phones that you say are so much better in every way. Serious vulnerability reportedly leaves Samsung Galaxy S III and other devices wide open to malware | The Verge. And for the clicking impaired..
User alephzain at xda-developers reported yesterday that a severe vulnerability in the Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy S II, Galaxy Note II, and potentially several other devices, could give remotely downloaded apps the ability to read user data, brick phones, or perform other malicious activities. "The good news is we can easily obtain root on these devices and the bad is there is no control over it," alephzain writes. While many vulnerabilities that pop up require physical access to a phone, multiple developers indicate that this newly-identified issue is far more severe, since it could allow apps downloaded from the Google Play Store an easy way to exploit the devices.

Yeah, I can total see how Samsung and Android are so much better than the iPhone 5 running on iOS 6. Oh wait, that was sarcasm. Seriously, why would anyone buy a phone where you can have your data stolen by simply downloading an application? And here is the REALLY SCARY part to this. The user never even has to launch the application for it to take the phone over.

Piece of advice. If you are going to blast a company make dang sure the examples you use are valid and the competition you put it up against isn't plagued by a very serious security issue.

Ok fair enough but here is some new data that appears to be off your Apple fan-boy radar screen:

12-14-2012 10:30 AMApple (AAPL) investors received more cause for alarm late Thursday evening as new research suggested consumer interest in Apple’s popular iPhone lineup may have peaked. Shares of Apple were down more than 25% last month from a September high of $705.07 as investors began to panic about Apple’s future. The stock has bounced back slightly since late November, however a new report questioning Apple’s biggest money-earner could sour investor sentiment yet again.
UBS analyst Steve Milunovich trimmed his estimates for Apple’s fiscal 2013 and fiscal 2014 years on Thursday evening. He also dropped his price target on Apple shares to $700 from an earlier target of $780.
The analyst trimmed his iPhone sales estimates by 5 million units this fiscal year, and iPad sales estimates were cut by 2 million units. But the most alarming part of his note comes in the form of an observation from his supply chain sources.
“Some of our Chinese sources do not expect the iPhone 5 to do as well as the iPhone 4S,” Millunovich wrote.
The UBS analyst sees iPhone production dropping to 25 million units in the first calendar quarter next year, which doesn’t bode well at all for June-quarter sales. Apple could get an early pick-up in 2013, however, as earlier reports suggest Apple might launch a refreshed iPhone 5S next summer.
Milunovich now sees Apple earning $47 per share in fiscal 2013, down from his earlier estimate of $51.50, and he believes fiscal 2014 earnings will total $55.85 per share, down from $62.
Shares of Apple were trading down more than 3% at $511.76 during Friday morning’s session.iPhone 5 sales: iPhone 4S seen outselling Apple’s iPhone 5 | BGR

Also I forgot to mention that ridiculous lightning connector where the rest of the world has settled on the standard micro USB connector.

May I add that you may be right and tim cook may surprise us all but I don't think so.

Yea that Samsung bug is nasty but there is a easy fix plus I prefer the Motorola Razr Maxx phones with the 3200mah battery and no Exynos's.

Live long and prosper.

Last edited:
That easy fix you are referring to has the side effect of messing up the camera app. Plus the average Samsung user doesn't even know about this issue much less knows how to install the fix. Which means until Samsung pushes a fix all those devices are now vulnerable.

And I am not impressed with Apple analysts. They tend to say things with no real clue about actual sells. Mainly because Apple only releases the data 4 times a year. So I'll wait for the next investor call. BTW he will be proven wrong then.

Articles articles, who cares. I see what's happening around me. My friends are switching to android and I see more people in general with galaxy s3'sect.. I have a 4s at the moment. Lets be honest, you guys live in an apple bubble. iOS is dated and needs a revamp. iPhone 5 is not really an upgrade worth having. 4" screen, wow. Apple convinced the world that is all you need because it fits in their hand. I bet you they break that comment when they release the iPhone 6. It will be bigger. As for android and malware, so what? We have had that stuff on windows pcs for years and it never stopped anyone using them.

Articles articles, who cares. I see what's happening around me. My friends are switching to android and I see more people in general with galaxy s3'sect.. I have a 4s at the moment. Lets be honest, you guys live in an apple bubble. iOS is dated and needs a revamp. iPhone 5 is not really an upgrade worth having. 4" screen, wow. Apple convinced the world that is all you need because it fits in their hand. I bet you they break that comment when they release the iPhone 6. It will be bigger. As for android and malware, so what? We have had that stuff on windows pcs for years and it never stopped anyone using them.

There is no doubt that the younger generation has adopted Android faster than iOS. But that isn't because Android is better. It is because iOS wasn't on every network worldwide and didn't have devices across every price point. People have been picking Android over iOS because of cost and availability.

"iOS is dated". That makes me laugh every time I hear it or read it. How can something that works exactly as intended, that protects its users from themselves and provide an end user experience that hasn't been matched yet be out of date? Because you think iOS needs features that would make it slower, less secure and prone to crashes? Seriously?

And there is one very large difference between malware on a PC versus a phone. When your PC quits working properly, you don't need it to call 911.

You can try to justify Android all you want. More power to you. But I have actually worked on the AOSP source code for Android. I know where the flaws are and why. Android is a ticking time bomb. Eventually all bombs explode and someone gets hurt.

Skull One said:
There is no doubt that the younger generation has adopted Android faster than iOS. But that isn't because Android is better. It is because iOS wasn't on every network worldwide and didn't have devices across every price point. People have been picking Android over iOS because of cost and availability.

"iOS is dated". That makes me laugh every time I hear it or read it. How can something that works exactly as intended, that protects its users from themselves and provide an end user experience that hasn't been matched yet be out of date? Because you think iOS needs features that would make it slower, less secure and prone to crashes? Seriously?

And there is one very large difference between malware on a PC versus a phone. When your PC quits working properly, you don't need it to call 911.

You can try to justify Android all you want. More power to you. But I have actually worked on the AOSP source code for Android. I know where the flaws are and why. Android is a ticking time bomb. Eventually all bombs explode and someone gets hurt.

My old Nokia 3310 works as intended but is now out of date. People go on about iOS being stable, smooth ect.. But when apple announce a new feature everyone loves it even though its been on android since day one. Like Facebook integration ect... Apple drip feed all the features to its customers because they know you will pay for it as they now "have you" hooked. They manage to change the world with the original iPhone and built up their fan base then. Now they are just about holding on to those people.

The best thing about apple is the build quality of their phones, they are the best out there with in my opinion the best screens.

Younger people have gone with android yes, that says a lot for the brand. In years to come those people will be older and still picking android because apple doesn't give us the features people want.

If you see the flaws in androids source code then I'm sure they do too. I'm not worried about a bit of malware. I've never come across a single person who has been moaning about there phone having a virus or they have been hacked. Anyhow, nothing is safe. Psn got hacked, Xbox live got hacked, everything gets hacked at some point. If people can jailbreak an iPhone they can produce malware for it.

Apple know google "android" and Samsung are a threat, that's why they are cutting all ties with them. If they know it why is everyone on here blind to it?

That all said, I like my iphone. But it would be nice to be able to lose iTunes, drag and drop my music and movies to it without any conversion. Maybe have some expandable memory too rather than pay over the odds for a 32gb or 64gb iPhone.