What's new

iPhone 5

kennnxmondina

Reaction score
Hey , I'm a noob here , so kindly help me out ? [emoji23]

Well , My mom got an iPhone 5 from her work , Someone gave it to her , they actually had 2 but my mom's friend took the nice one [emoji19] . It's Activation Lock is on , and I can't find out who's the original owner so I can ask them to unlock it . I've been reading online that Apple can unlock it for you ? By IMEI or Serial ?

Thanks [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e09c8c1e2091f55fd8bfbe5b80d3752f.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Apple might remove the activation lock, if she can prove that she's the owner. I don't know how they do it, though.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Apple might remove the activation lock, if she can prove that she's the owner. I don't know how they do it, though.

If she can prove that she's the owner ? What do you mean ? She just got it from her work , from someone .

She'll need a billing/invoice. If she can't prove that she's the rightful owner, she'll be out of luck. She'll not be able to use the iPhone.

It means that she has to provide the ORIGINAL proof of purchase containing the IMEI and/or serial no. of the device plus the name of person or firm who bought it. Call AppleCare for details how to upload it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T315 mit Tapatalk

It means that she has to provide the ORIGINAL proof of purchase containing the IMEI and/or serial no. of the device plus the name of person or firm who bought it. Call AppleCare for details how to upload it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T315 mit Tapatalk

No No No , she did not buy it , she gets apple products for free in her job . How will she be able to provide info . When it came to her , no box . Is there anyway that I can find out who was the previous own & do the right thing , to ask kindly to remove the iPhone out of Activation lock ?

No No No , she did not buy it , she gets apple products for free in her job . How will she be able to provide info . When it came to her , no box . Is there anyway that I can find out who was the previous own & do the right thing , to ask kindly to remove the iPhone out of Activation lock ?

If it came from her job, then someone at the company should know who was using the phone.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

If it came from her job, then someone at the company should know who was using the phone.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

It's old , they don't know who's own was it .

Seriously, there ARE only two ways: 1st one is removing it from the iCloud activation lock with the Apple ID of the previous user and the matching password, the 2nd one is providing the original proof of purchase to Apple. Sorry, but that's it.

Better start youtubing

Sent iphone
Nothing posted on YouTube can tell how to bypass Activation Lock because the iPhone must be connected to Apple servers while the account details of the original owner are entered.

Sent iphone
It doesn't matter what that video says, you can't bypass Activation Lock. This type of service spoofs the iPhone into thinking it's connected to Apple servers. It can never restore the phone to full functionality. It won't be able to make phone calls and nothing that requires connecting to Apple will work. It also disappears any time you have to reset the phone.