What's new

icloud login

jkyu55

Reaction score
So my girlfriend bought a new galaxy, and gave me her iphone 4s. I connected it to my itunes and it says the phone is connected to icloud. I followed all the directions and she and I logged in to her icloud, logged out, answered every question. We are able to log into her icloud, and it shows NO DEVICES found. Then when we log into the phone (I hit the restore iphone thing on my itunes), we get "INCORRECT APPLE ID c******@blablabla.com can not be used to unlock this phone".. This was HER phone, switched over to a Galaxy, gave it to me, answered all the question... this is an ATT phone which I have service with too.

any help is appreciated.. RC

Was Find My iPhone turned on and if so, we're you able to turn it off? Did your girlfriend ever use another Apple ID at any time when she was using this phone?

Was Find My iPhone turned on and if so, we're you able to turn it off? Did your girlfriend ever use another Apple ID at any time when she was using this phone?

She says doesn't know about the FIND MY iPHONE being turned on, but when she logged into her iCloud it quickly brought up a compass on the laptop. She logged into present account, and the compass just goes back and forth. She said she did use a different apple ID and so she went into the manage my ID and reset her password after answering all the questions. Then logged out of iCloud and logged back in, then back out. RC

If that doesn't work, maybe you need to contact Apple to enquire about how to delete that iCloud account from the iPhone. If your girlfriend can provide Apple with proof that she's the original owner they may be able to help.

She says doesn't know about the FIND MY iPHONE being turned on, but when she logged into her iCloud it quickly brought up a compass on the laptop. She logged into present account, and the compass just goes back and forth. She said she did use a different apple ID and so she went into the manage my ID and reset her password after answering all the questions. Then logged out of iCloud and logged back in, then back out. RC
If that doesn't work, maybe you need to contact Apple to enquire about how to delete that iCloud account from the iPhone. If your girlfriend can provide Apple with proof that she's the original owner they may be able to help.
I thought that's why we had forums for... next to the last thing I'm going to do is give apple $29 for something that can be figured out.. rc