What's new

iphone 5 with NO 4g signal ???

dare4more

Reaction score
p.s. so what Apple did is create 2 iPhone 5 models: A1428 and A1429. Model A1428 will work with 4G/LTE networks on band 4 and band 17 only and model A1429 will work with 4G/LTE networks on bands 1,3,5,13, and 25 i have iphone 5 model A1428 , and i live in lebanon beirut which supports band 3 in tele comunication , 4g is not working and will never work on my iphone thats what everybody is telling me is there any fix from the software versions or it cannot be fixed and its a hardware thing ?? so what now ? its the end of the world for me since i pay 1,200$ for my iphone and am not capable of connecting to the 4G network when its available in my country .. and no way to replce it .. thanks apple

Did you buy your phone in Lebanon? All iPhones officially sold in a particular country are designed to work with the carrier frequencies in that country. If you purchased it elsewhere and brought it back to Lebanon it would have been your responsibility to make sure that the phone would work in your country before purchasing it. It's not fair to blame Apple for something that's out of their control.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

thats a lot of money to spend on an iphone that wont work... Is there no way to travel back and take the phone back? or maybe just sell/exchange it on ebay for one that will work for you.

off topic - I love lebanon btw I was there a few times and I knew some lebanese people who make amazing food

Did you buy your phone in Lebanon? All iPhones officially sold in a particular country are designed to work with the carrier frequencies in that country. If you purchased it elsewhere and brought it back to Lebanon it would have been your responsibility to make sure that the phone would work in your country before purchasing it. It's not fair to blame Apple for something that's out of their control.

i buy the phone from lebanon , from the agent hands , since there is no company for apple here in lebenon , but there's many official agents.

thats a lot of money to spend on an iphone that wont work... Is there no way to travel back and take the phone back? or maybe just sell/exchange it on ebay for one that will work for you.

off topic - I love lebanon btw I was there a few times and I knew some lebanese people who make amazing food

no way to replace it now :s ..when the iphone 5 reached lebanon no body knew that there is too models ,we just be sure its unlocked factory and can work eveywhere.
now for the off topic , ur welcome anytime its ur country here , and anything u want just contact me and am ready for welcoming u again.

That's too bad about the phone, will it still work on 3G? That way you'd at least get some use out of it. Have you considered the suggestion to sell it on eBay? That would get most of your money back to use for the purchase of the correct iPhone.

That's too bad about the phone, will it still work on 3G? That way you'd at least get some use out of it. Have you considered the suggestion to sell it on eBay? That would get most of your money back to use for the purchase of the correct iPhone.

i dont make my mind what to do yet , but thanks verymuch for trying to help me

p.s. so what Apple did is create 2 iPhone 5 models: A1428 and A1429. Model A1428 will work with 4G/LTE networks on band 4 and band 17 only and model A1429 will work with 4G/LTE networks on bands 1,3,5,13, and 25 i have iphone 5 model A1428 , and i live in lebanon beirut which supports band 3 in tele comunication , 4g is not working and will never work on my iphone thats what everybody is telling me is there any fix from the software versions or it cannot be fixed and its a hardware thing ?? so what now ? its the end of the world for me since i pay 1,200$ for my iphone and am not capable of connecting to the 4G network when its available in my country .. and no way to replce it .. thanks apple

I don't know about Lebanon, but here in Australia with Optus, I must be on a 4G plan and in an area with a tower transmitting 4G signal to get LTE. Some who have bought the phone but still on their previous plan apparently can't get 4 G as it is available only on new plans.

I don't know about Lebanon, but here in Australia with Optus, I must be on a 4G plan and in an area with a tower transmitting 4G signal to get LTE. Some who have bought the phone but still on their previous plan apparently can't get 4 G as it is available only on new plans.

The problem with the OP's phone is that it isn't capable of using the LTE frequencies that are used in his country.