What's new

iPhone 5 Said to be Slimmer and Able to Work on all 3G and 4G Networks

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
4516-iphone-5-mock-up-bgr.JPG

Boy Genius Report writes that according to a note to clients from Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty that was issued today, she thinks that the iPhone 5 will be slimmer than previous models, and will boast a Qualcomm quad-mode chip that should enable it to work on all 3G and 4G LTE networks. Huberty also says that Apple’s business will keep growing, even in the face of a fall-off in demand in the high-end smartphone market. There’s surely no doubt that the next iPhone will feature a significant redesign, and as BGR points out, they have already exclusively reported that Apple is planning to release a completely revamped iPhone 5 in the fall, with an aluminum body and rubber or plastic bezel covering an antenna that will wrap around the body of the phone. However, the idea that the new phone will work on all 3G and 4G LTE networks is relatively new. Will be interesting to see if more analysts start mentioning this.

Source: iPhone 5 to be slimmer, may operate on all 3G and 4G LTE networks

Looks alot like an ipad from that picture. Hope for a significant revamp on the design though... Not that i think it doesnt look great allready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And to note all of the above are only assumptions at this stage.

iHolophyte

That is all any one can do atm.. make assumptions and guess or based on previous years what apple has done and some turn out to be true but most do not and some get their hopes up over features that where never really announced by apple that dont get added. so as long as you dont get your hopes up and know that they are just predictions or hopes for what the devices will have then you will be ok.

I really hope for 4G networks though and the uk is said to have uk in 2012 as well so that could be a possibility.

More thin like the ipod touch? we will see but as long as there is a re design then I will be happy lol. I think we should expect major changes like from the 3GS to the 4 and just like we saw minor changes from the 3G to 3GS and from the 4 to the 4S followed by something that wow'd us all we can predict the same MIGHT happen for the next gen iphone also.

*fingers crossed* lol but I think I shall pre order this one and skip the 4S. have you see the Siri adverts on the tv now? its got the dudes voice! lol I like the girls one better that they use in America.