What's new

iPhone 5 GB capacity?

cinemadonkey

Reaction score
Do you think they will upgrade the hard drive capacity some one the next iphone? I was kind of disappointed that they didn't for the iphone 4, it would be nice to have 32GB and 64GB models for the iphone 5.

It's a possibility. I think they will but it depends on costs. I wouldn't want to pay extra for a 32gb. I only use about half of my 16gb on my 4...

I dont know why they ever did the 16g, its just a waste of time and money. I would be interested in doing a poll of how many people even did the 16g and why.

jbs06civicsi said:
I dont know why they ever did the 16g, its just a waste of time and money. I would be interested in doing a poll of how many people even did the 16g and why.

I have the 16g and can't understand how people did with the 8g!

Like I said I have the 16gb and have never went above 10gb. I don't see where 32gb is needed on a phone. Even an iPhone...

gaz6076 said:
Like I said I have the 16gb and have never went above 10gb. I don't see where 32gb is needed on a phone. Even an iPhone...

Of course it depends how many apps and songs you have on your phone. I have over 1000 songs and hundreds of apps and I only have 1.5gb left. I had an iPod touch before the iPhone and it was 32gb. If the 32 gb didn't cost so much extra I would have opted for the 32 instead of 16.

people are all different and thats why there is a variety of choices . some people just use an iphone to use one and get an 8GB 3GS , some people need a little more and get the 16GB others want to be safe and download a lot of apps and music and get the 32GB. i have a 16GB iphone4 and i wish i could have gotten the 32 because i have around 6 GB left which i know is a lot still but i wanna put plenty of more on there.

there are 3TB hard drives out there and i question who needs all that but believe it or not people will use it all up... everyone is different when it comes to storage and im sure they would come out with a 64GB if enough people wanted it

I too wish they would come out with a 64 gb iphone. I have about 5-6gb left on my 32. They could do 32 and 64 and keep the same 199 and 299 prices. Wouldn't really cost them any more.

I have the 16gb and still have 6GB of free spaces on the phone, 32GB will be too much for me, but if the price will not increase because of the hard disk size, then I will go for it.

I have the 16 gb and I've run out of space when I had a lot of movies on my phone that I had no idea were syncing. Now I'm at 10 gb. A 32 base model would make sense since the first iphone had like 2gb I believe. Apple always adds more.

32gb is never enough. I filled mine in a matter of minutes. A nice 64gb and I might get half the music collection I have (tectonically what an iPhone was invented for) on it, a 120gb would be perfect (like my iPod touch is) fingers crossed for the iPhone 5 not being a 'nano' iPhone, and it just gets better!

It is possible to upgrade the hard drive capacity. In my view it's all depend on cost but, I don't want to pay extra for a 32gb and if the 32 gb didn't cost so much extra I would like to opted for the 32gb.

It is possible to upgrade the hard drive capacity. In my view it's all depend on cost but, I don't want to pay extra for a 32gb and if the 32 gb didn't cost so much extra I would like to opted for the 32gb.

I don't think that there are other ways around to manually add extra hard disk. Your only option is to get the 32gb one paying the extra money they asking for.

Id like to see a 64GB iPhone 5. Thats one of the only reasons Im holding out for the next one. Why dont they have a 120GB iPhone 5 or iTouch anyway? It stinks that to have so much memory I have to buy the big bulky iPod Classic.