What's new

Hey everyone

BackInBlack

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I used to have a droid, and while I won't bash them (I think that "war" is beyond stupid), I will say I am extremely impressed and stunned by my iPhone 5. I had a 4 a year ago but like I said I used to have a droid. I have the 16gb black version. I ordered my fiance the 32gb white version. I am VERY pleased with the black version...it looks sexy as hell, but was wondering if the 32gb would be any faster, or does it not really matter? I don't put a lot of music on my phone since I have an iPod and really don't download movies. I'm hoping the capacity does not interfere with the product itself, meaning the larger capacity you have, the faster your phone. If that's the case, I may be giving my fiance the black 16gb. Thoughts anyone? Thanks!

fwiw, I have the black Incipio case w/ kickstand and a screen protector. Usually I would get an otterbox but I feel this phone is waaaay too sexy to be completely covered.

There isn't going to be any more/less speed between the 16GB, 32GB & 64GB models. The flash storage they use works quite fluidly up into the 128GB models they use in the Mac Book Air.

So I should stick with this beauty then. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

It basically comes down to how much "stuff" you need to keep on your iPhone. If 16GB's leaves you w/ enough comfort room... by all means keep it.

Yeah I don't plan on putting much on this. My music will go on my iPod. I have Netflix but no movies directly on the device and a few apps to boot. Sounds like 16 should be plenty

Yeah I don't plan on putting much on this. My music will go on my iPod. I have Netflix but no movies directly on the device and a few apps to boot. Sounds like 16 should be plenty
I would have to agree. I've always used a 16GB model... since the 3GS... and I've never had any issues w/ storage. I keep about 3-4GB of music, only a couple of books at a time, and never more than 30ish apps. Right now... I have 8.9GB of free space.

I'm assuming though that if the capacity is getting pretty full it would have impact on performance right?

I'm assuming though that if the capacity is getting pretty full it would have impact on performance right?
Absolutely!! You'll start seeing performance issues when you get down into the last 1GB of space. I've had numerous people come to me w/ the "My iPhone is running horribly slow..." stories. My absolute first quesiton or course of action is finding out how "full" they have their iDevice. :)

I know it's a personal choice but what color do you all think rocks it this time? My fiances white 32 came in today and I still may give her the black one!

I have the black one. Had the 4 in black too. Just prefer it over the white. Guess it doesn't matter much. I have a black Speck case on it.

Yeah my job requires a pretty decent case. I just picked up a trident and all you see is the case so color at that point is moot at best.

I have my 5 in the Speck case and it stays in the truck. My 3GS is in a Otterbox Defender. Has to be due to work.

I am fitness instructor and have all my music on I5. I also take loads of pictures and many business apps. So the white 32 is for me. I have about 12 gig left I have a grey and white speck case with a flip bottom. It's great because I plug my phone into my sound system as previously I had to remove the case all the time to have it work. Love this phone! Had them all before and upped it to the 32 when I got my 4s.

G'day and welcome to the forum!!!!!! :)