What's new

Iphone 5 Charging problem

EathyCFC

Reaction score
Hi all, Yesterday i noticed how my iphone would charge for about 1/2 minutes via my laptop but then stop charging, Last night at work i charged it by using a plug and it seemed to work fine but i felt there was a problem with the usb cable as when i moved it it stopped etc.

This morning ive tried to use another usb cable i have on my laptop but its still happening, I was getting the error about the usb port power surge thing but im not getting this now.

When i plug the phone to my laptop now, Itunes doesnt load and it still only charges for a minute or so.

Has anyone else had this? Is it my Laptop or my phone?

Thanks

It depends on how old your lap top is, because the power voltage might be different or the port on your lap top might be incompatible with your phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Have you considered the possibility that the charging socket on your phone may be faulty? Since you had the same problem with more than one cord, it's not likely that the problem is with the cords.

The laptop is about 18 months old, it's a top of the range one so I'm hoping it isn't that. I'm currently charging it at work from a plug socket using the newer cable and it seems to be no problem.

Just can't work out that if its my old cable the. Why isn't it charging using the new cable in my laptop, I e had this phone since October and not had any problems.

Cheers