What's new

Iphone charges very slow and doesn't give the sign to be charged

Lennart91

Reaction score
Hello,

This afternoon I tried to charge my iPhone 4, but it didn't give the sign to be charged. I've tried 2 chargers, 2 USB-cables and a laptop. After 25 minutes I saw that the battery went from 13% to 15%, so only a very little increase. When I plugged it into my laptop, after 10 minutes my laptop gave a notice that the USB-device wasn't recognized. I didn't change anything to my laptop these days, so that can't be the problem. Does anyone got an idea about the problem?

Thank you very much!

Sorry if there are mistakes in my message, English is not my native language.

Let the phone discharge to about 4-5%, then turn it off and charge it overnight using a wall charger. That should recalibrate the battery meter.

I find it hard to believe that two chargers are malfunctioning, although I wouldn't trust the cables. Might be an idea to borrow a known good charger and cable to see if that helps. I don't think the iPhone 4 is old enough yet for batteries to start failing. Best to start with the simplest (and cheapest) solutions first.

Lennart91 said:
Hello,

This afternoon I tried to charge my iPhone 4, but it didn't give the sign to be charged. I've tried 2 chargers, 2 USB-cables and a laptop. After 25 minutes I saw that the battery went from 13% to 15%, so only a very little increase. When I plugged it into my laptop, after 10 minutes my laptop gave a notice that the USB-device wasn't recognized. I didn't change anything to my laptop these days, so that can't be the problem. Does anyone got an idea about the problem?

Thank you very much!

Sorry if there are mistakes in my message, English is not my native language.

My iPhone4 with IOS 6.0.1,shutdown at first 45% then 36% now 14%,I tried reboot & reset also doesn't work,I took it to the apple service centre,they told me nothing went wrong with my iPhone,as u mention,I don't think is the battery problem,might be hardware or some else