What's new

iPhone 5 slow charging problems

luckywinks

Reaction score
Since I downloaded IOS7 my iPhone 5 now takes about 2 hours to fully recharge itself. I'm using all original Apple equipment and have tried a second lightning USB set and wall charger.

I also note that once the phone reaches its full charge, the phone suddenly begins to act strange when using it while still plugged into the charger. In fact it's essentially unuseable until disconnected from charger. While it's charging it is useable but when it reaches 100% , all bets are off. I note the charger gets very warm sometimes too.

I don't understand why it's now taking so long to charge the phone after the IOS7 download. I called Apple Care tech support the very morning as there were other charging issues which showed that the charger didn't even work and the tech support guy had not heard about that issue as yet! He was to get back to me within 20 minutes by phone and never followed through. It appeared the phone updated itself and resolved the immediate issue but the phone continues to have this slow charging issue which is unsatisfactory!

Anyone else experiencing this charging issue or have suggestions?

Try a hard reset first (hold down power button and home button until the apple logo shows up, then let go of both until the phone reboots). If that doesn't work, it would be a good idea to do a fresh install of iOS7. Back your phone up and then restore to factory, then restore to your back up.

If the phone no longer is acting up while charging then you should have nothing to worry about. In my experience 2 hours is exactly how long it should take. Every iPhone I've had seemed to follow this rule:

The faster the charge, the faster the drain
The slower the charge, the slower the drain.

I'm always pleased when I see my phone is charging slowly because the battery always lasts longer when it does. I've had quite a few iOS devices over the years and this is one thing I have noted while using them.

Try a hard reset first (hold down power button and home button until the apple logo shows up, then let go of both until the phone reboots). If that doesn't work, it would be a good idea to do a fresh install of iOS7. Back your phone up and then restore to factory, then restore to your back up.

I couldn't stand the insanity any longer and I contacted Apple Care and this is exactly what they had me do. I had to download new version of iTunes to my laptop, then backup my phone to laptop since I have the 64 GB and iCloud won't store that much without buying more storage. Gee, the 10,000+ photos of my cute cat are a bit much, you think? Anyhow, I did restore my backup which took about an hour.

Yes,this appears to have resolved the issue. The phone now charges easily within about an hour and I'm back to being a happy camper and taking more photos of my adopted pal Kizzme!

If you want to see some silly cat and animal photos, visit my website at www.KizzmeKitty.com

Thanks for all your suggestions and have a great day!

www.kizzmekitty.com

Attachments

• $image-580055187.jpg
    $image-580055187.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,454
I have experienced this kind of problem also with my Iphone. All I did was brought my phone to the Apple Store and had it checked.