What's new

iPhone 5 Calendar has tiny fonts sporadically

billwill

Reaction score
When I enter a Calendar item in my iPhone 5 or my MacBookPro, it always displays fine on the MacBookPro calendar but sometimes displays on the iPhone 5 in a font so small I can barely read it. Evidently "Dynamic Text" isn't working for my Calendar program. In "Accesibility" I've tried increasing the font size and making Bold font but nothing seems to work.

What could be causing this? It's been happening for some time. The strange thing is, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't but when it does, it's very frustrating to have to delete the item which sometimes is so tiny i have to touch it several times to even call it up.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
Also, there are some great 3rd party Calendars. My favorite is Super Calendar. It has a lot of customization, including font size options.
Super Calendar by RONEL FERNANDEZ
Super Calendar on the App Store on iTunes

Free version:
Super Calendar - Free by RONEL FERNANDEZ
Super Calendar - Free on the App Store on iTunes

I've been beta testing this app, and it is wonderful. There are more features and options coming very soon. This is the new app icon. It should be available soon.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425095611.071777.jpg

You can use images in the calendar. Here's one of my yard yesterday with snow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425095745.103541.jpg

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
Also, there are some great 3rd party Calendars. My favorite is Super Calendar. It has a lot of customization, including font size options.
Super Calendar by RONEL FERNANDEZ
Super Calendar on the App Store on iTunes

Free version:
Super Calendar - Free by RONEL FERNANDEZ
Super Calendar - Free on the App Store on iTunes

I've been beta testing this app, and it is wonderful. There are more features and options coming very soon. This is the new app icon. It should be available soon.
View attachment 18402

You can use images in the calendar. Here's one of my yard yesterday with snow.
View attachment 18403

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Thank you! Will a Hard Reset lose any of the data I presently have in the iPhone5? I can't afford to lose anything.

Also, if I switch to the calendar you mention, would the calendar data I presently have transfer to it OK? Thanks again!