What's new

Font is small on emails and websites.

squill2121

Reaction score
The font on the iPhone 7 Plus is very small. I have increased the font size and reset the phone but I still have the issue. For example when typing this discussion topic I have to scroll left or right. There has to be away for it to wrap the text. It even would be nice if it would scroll back the opposite way but it doesn't. I don't want to waste any ones time, but I have reset my phone I have increase the font and display and in accessibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar problem with the email app. I solved it by closing the app and restarting it - double-click the home button and swipe up on the app to close.

I had a similar problem with the email app. I solved it by closing the app and restarting it - double-click the home button and swipe up on the app to close.

Thanks but it is a bigger issue than that. I was reading the apple forum that it is a known issue and apple is aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip how to close apps. I wasn't aware of it. Double click of Home and swapping up of individual apps. I think my problem of freezing would be solved.

Does anyone know whether Apple has addressed how to increase size of font in text and webpages without reader view on iPhone 7+?

Also, I saw a YouTube video produced by iphoneforums.net about the Magnifier for Safari from Cyrus, Big Boss Repo. Will the Safari Magnifyer work on iPhone 7+?

Thanks.

Does anyone know whether Apple has addressed how to increase size of font in text and webpages without reader view on iPhone 7+?

Also, I saw a YouTube video produced by iphoneforums.net about the Magnifier for Safari from Cyrus, Big Boss Repo. Will the Safari Magnifyer work on iPhone 7+?

Thanks.
Big Boss Repo is a source of apps for jail broken devices. Since there has been no jailbreak since iOS 9.3.3, the iPhone 7 Plus cannot use that app as it was introduced with iOS 10.

Big Boss Repo is a source of apps for jail broken devices. Since there has been no jailbreak since iOS 9.3.3, the iPhone 7 Plus cannot use that app as it was introduced with iOS 10.
Thank you for your response. I guess this settles the issue about Magnifier for Safari being a solution to small font in text on iPhone 7+? Has Apple successfully addressed this issue, or are they at least trying to fix it?

Thank you for sharing this article. I discovered this information a few days ago on the iPhone community support thread at the Apple website. I made the changes to my email then, and the font size improved. What I am trying to do now is increase the font size in safari browser results, blogs, social media sites, and newsletters I subscribe via email where the reader view is not available. I have everything set to the largest text, zoom dynamic, bold text, etc , but the font I have to read to get to the reader view, or websites without reader view is tiny, very tiny. It does not fit the largest size I have the font set. What gives? I never encountered this Font issue on my old Android, and I am more than shocked to have encountered this on Apples newest iPhone 7+, considered the Cadillac of smartphones. I really hope Apple is addressing this issue.

I do not have this issue. As I can not be sure if your settings are at issue, I would suggest you take it to an Apple Store.

Yes, I may have to go to a store. However, many others have the same complaint based on what I have seen in several online forums. I am confident all my settings are correct, as I have confirmed with others in support forums. I also did the email setting based on the article cited above. For me, the issue with the tiny font occurs in browser results which do not have reader view, certain websites that do not have reader view, and newsletters I subscribe via email. When I open the newsletters, the font is small, as well as the bold names of each article. It is so small, I can barely read it. The, when I click on an article I want to read, everything is fine providing I can get the reader view. If I can't, then I am stuck. The Pinckney and zoom feature will enlarge the font, for example on the main page of newsletters which show the various articles. The problem with pinch and zoom is text goes off the page, and I have to move the text to read it. I do not like this and find it annoying. When I tap the screen with 3 fingers for the zoom feature, the text goes off the page in all directions, and the screen does not allow me to maneuver the text from side to side to read - The screen is set with the 3 finger tap. I simply want the large font everywhere, and have it scaled to fit the screen, or wrap around text. Honestly, my old HTC 1 Android was much more user friendly in this regard. This seems to be unique to Apple. I am also not blind - Just mid 50's and reading glasses. I certainly hope Apple is working on this issue.