What's new

Iphone 5.0 update - serious problem

arsenal4evaz

Reaction score
Okay so basically I was on an tethered 4.3.5 jailbreak before iOS5 came out and so when I tried to restore a fresh copy of version 5.0 my device went into recovery mode. Originally I got error 3194 when trying to restore to either 5.0 or 4.3.5 because apple wouldn't verify my update. So I tried to use TinyUmbrella so that my iPhone would update but I keep getting unknown errors right at the end of the restore! So now my iPhone is stuck in recovery mode and its KILLING me! I've tried to boot it out of recovery both using TinyUmbrella and RecBoot but nothing seems to work.

If you have ANY suggestions that might help me at all I would be so, so grateful.

Thanks for your time

arsenal4evaz

you using a mac? if so you need to delete "gs.apple.com" from you host file

Hold Power button and home button at the same time then the screen will go onto the apple logo again then carry on holding it second time it will go off it will be black screen , let go of the power button and carry on holding home button , while holding it connect to computer , and you have to go to redsn0w , choose your 4.3.4 ios and click next , then just click boot tethered right now , if you didnt do it right there will be instructions on the screen about the dfu mode. Good Luck

SO ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS REJAILBREAK IT , BECAUSE ITS AN TETHERED JAILBREAK. HAD THE SAME PROBLEM

OK. The reason you got a 3194 error was because you were no longer pointing to Apple. If you want to get stock IOS5 up and running follow the following process.

1) iTunes must be on the latest 10.5 version, so get that up to date.
2) Open TinyUmbrella, switch to the Advanced tab, UNTICK the item "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit", and close TinyUmbrella - This will guarantee you are pointing back at Apple.
3) Connect your phone to your PC and get it into DFU mode. Follow our guide here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/
4) Open iTunes, it will recognise the device in recovery mode, then press the restore button. IOS5 should now install successfully.

Hope that helps.