What's new

IPHONE 4s will not restore or update

peter beavan

Reaction score
Hi
Im looking for some to walk me thru the process of hopefully getting this phone to work, I have little knowledge of its former days but believe it has been jailbroken, I can see the phone in itunes and can get into dfu mode but itunes will not touch it throwing out a consistent error 21 on trying to update or restore.I have looked at various how tos but see a lot of contradiction and thats why I'm looking for almost 1 to 1 help.

Many thanks in anticipation

Frosty

Hi
Im looking for some to walk me thru the process of hopefully getting this phone to work, I have little knowledge of its former days but believe it has been jailbroken, I can see the phone in itunes and can get into dfu mode but itunes will not touch it throwing out a consistent error 21 on trying to update or restore.I have looked at various how tos but see a lot of contradiction and thats why I'm looking for almost 1 to 1 help.

Many thanks in anticipation

Frosty
Error 21 is usually associated with conflicts between the security software on your computer and itunes. Do you have anti-virus and a firewall installed and operating when trying to restore or update the iPhone? If so, try turning them off or disabling them until the update and restore is finished. Here's an Apple troubleshooting guide. Resolve issues between iTunes and security software - Apple Support

Hi,
thx for the swift, reply tried all except ports,never used the diagnostics in itunes b4. strange that on starting itunes with the phone plugged in,it tell me the phone needs restoring,but on ignoring this and running the diagnostic,it reports no iphone connected?????