What's new

IPhone 4s - Unlocked but Sim Locked

raisazad

Reaction score
HI Guys,

I have a IPhone 4s, which has been activated but its Sim locked.

---------------------------------------------------------
Some info:

IMEI: 013002001306571
Activated: Yes
Last Activated SIM: Orange - France FRA
Telephone Technical Support: Expired
Repairs & Service Coverage: Expired
Estimated Purchase Date: November 8, 2011
Carrier: France Orange
SIM Lock: Locked
---------------------------------------------------------

when connected to ITunes:
The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

----------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible to unlock my phone?

Thanks

You can unlock the 4S in two ways, one being through the carrier, or one is by purchasing an interposer to slip between your SIM tray and your SIM card.

What is a interposer? Which one to use? Thanks for any and all help. Man I can't believe with all that's out there, that its this hard!

An interposer is a piece of hardware that's slipped in between the SIM tray and the SIM card as a medium. Interposers commonly refer to the Gevey SIM or the R-SIM. Depending on which iOS is on your device, you can consider the R-SIM 9 for iOS 7.X, or the R-SIM 7+ for iOS 6.X

So I would use like the r-sim as its jail broken on iOS 7, then use like h20 Sim as my carrier? That's who I use on my other phones and like them. Thanks for all the help guys!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Interposer are not dependent on jailbreaking. Once you've unlocked using the activator SIM if it's not already activated, slip the SIM on top of the interposer and in Settings, select the carrier

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa