What's new

I can't connect to my iPhone through iTunes.

matterizer

Reaction score
Hi there. I have an iPhone 4 which is carrier locked to Orange France, which I don't plan on unlocking any time soon because it's so expensive, but my friend put his sim card in my phone earlier today and now when I connect my iPhone to my laptop, this message comes up on iTunes...

[h=1]The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.[/h]
The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.
Is there any way for me to fix this and be able to access my phone through iTunes again?

You can only activate a locked device with a SIM card that matches that of the locked carrier. In your case, you need a valid/active Orange SIM card inserted in there before you can activate.

You can only activate a locked device with a SIM card that matches that of the locked carrier. In your case, you need a valid/active Orange SIM card inserted in there before you can activate.

I'm not locked out of my device, it works fine. I just want to get rid of that error message on iTunes when I connect my iPhone via USB.
It used to work fine before, but now it doesn't.
I don't want to unlock my iPhone, I want to connect to it on iTunes to add some more songs, for example.

iTunes recognizes that your device's SIM is not the original SIM that suits the device, so it views it as a locked device. Either disconnect your internet connection so that the activation check does not go through, take out the SIM completely, or insert a valid SIM.