What's new

iPhone 4S Screen Problem

ByronB

Reaction score
Hope someone out there can help me diagnose this problem. When I press the wake key, the screen shows vertical lines. It only stays on for a few seconds. After a couple refreshes with the wake key, the lines narrow to a band in center of screen. Screen does not respond to touch. I've included photos of the screen. Sorry about the graininess. Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_20150328_111649.jpg
    IMG_20150328_111649.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 12,527
  • IMG_20150328_110443.jpg
    IMG_20150328_110443.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,253
Hope someone out there can help me diagnose this problem. When I press the wake key, the screen shows vertical lines. It only stays on for a few seconds. After a couple refreshes with the wake key, the lines narrow to a band in center of screen. Screen does not respond to touch. I've included photos of the screen. Sorry about the graininess. Thanks all.

I'm afraid that your screen problem appears to be a screen failure. This is a hardware issue and is covered undertake the warranty if it's not yet expired. If your warranty is expired, you'll have to pay for a screen replacement. If you can back up your iPhone to iTunes, do so before having the screen replaced.

Here's the Apple screen repair page. iPhone Screen Damage Repair - Apple Support

The prices listed are what you would pay if there are nomother issues with your iPhone.

I'm afraid that your screen problem appears to be a screen failure. This is a hardware issue and is covered undertake the warranty if it's not yet expired. If your warranty is expired, you'll have to pay for a screen replacement. If you can back up your iPhone to iTunes, do so before having the screen replaced.

Here's the Apple screen repair page. iPhone Screen Damage Repair - Apple Support

The prices listed are what you would pay if there are nomother issues with your iPhone.

Thanks so much. Just as I suspected but could not find the specific answer.

My iPad had same problem, took it to Apple Store and with it not under warranty anymore all they could do was give me a discount towards a new iPad. They also said there was no guarantee they could fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about not posting this earlier. I bought a replacement screen from an eBay supplier. Not an Apple product but it was inexpensive and I wasn't sure it would work. I followed iFixit instructions and it worked. It's not as good as the original but I have a working phone again for under $20. I guess you can find ipad replacements as well.